1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Troop prediction...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Anybody want to bet, Obama doesn't make significant troop reductions in Iraq anytime his first term? It's a bit of a shot, but I think it would be worth laying a couple bucks on.

Consider: When we bombed Baghdad, we created a vacuum, and lacked understanding of what it would take to fill it. Maliki is a failure and the U.S. Military is the only thing holding that country up. Pull them out, and I think this place will make Rwanda and Darfur look like the Methodist and Lutheran church picnics, respectively.

Now - does Obama really want that on his record during his _first_ term?

Here's what I predict - he brings Colin Powell on board, and uses him for political cover to keep those troops there HIS WHOLE FIRST TERM. He'll bring a few home just as a token gesture, and then...we'll get a press conf. where he says, "Regarding troop levels, I'm relying on the advice of my trusted and close friend, Colin Powell..." George W. Bush got the place stabilized...why mess with it, until after your second term is safely in-hand?

If I'm right...boy are you liberals (and a good few Conservatives) gonna be pissed! It's all fine to rhetoricize against the troop presence when you're on the campaign trail against Hillary, who voted for the war resolution...but quite a different one when you're the President, and your international reputation and the stability of the Middle East + oil prices depends on what you actually do, versus what you say.

Note; I'm not saying he's going to govern from the center, far from it...only that he wants to keep his damn job at all costs, and doesn't want a major international conflagration distracting him from his domestic priorities.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

There is no way he can. The war will be his after January 20, and anything that comes from it will have hussein's name on it.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The home front will be suffering so much from the economic chaos he creates no one will care about Iraq.

I for one put my family first, and when they are taken care of I look outward.

Liberals want the "Village" to take care of it.

Guess what? The Village is broke.

HM

4. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Waterhouse, you may well be correct. That would sure drive home the message "I was wrong." to the likes of Trappy, and his gullible generation.

5. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

I think the only safe way to go would be to bet both sides of this important issue. This is such a differnt time than when Nixon promised to end the VN war. Too many armchair generals (former flag officers), serious problems in the ranks, and then there's Biden's prediction/promise of the soon-to-come "testing" of Nobomba, and ecominic considerations, etc.

One way or another, we have to finish what we started in Iraq. And it can be done in 12-24 months. But most likely it will take several years, with numerous distractions in other parts of the world along the way. Other nations will have to step up financially or the U.S. will be facing alot more than a deep recession. Then again we most likey are anyway.

Enlistments and re-enlistments should go up in the coming years given employment options available to kids graduating from HS and college. A draft shouldn't be necessary - after 62 years, I still don't understand why ALL 18-20 year olds don't volunteer for the military.

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

IF history is any judge, and it always has been in my lifetime, BHO will go right ahead with the pull-out, and leave the Iraqi people in the dust. Remember Viet Nam? They don't give one iota for anyone but themselves. They know full well that with the malignant media on their team, they can deflect any atrocity and keep the power (aka money) in hand. And, don't forget, they also write the history books, now.

BHO took 150 million from Islamic countries for his election. Islam bought and paid for Iraq. BHO doesn't want to see a free and democratic Iraq, any more than he wants the same for the USA.

Kip

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If Obama does pull out the Troops like he said he was going to do we will have a Bullseye on the United States of America and he will side with the enemy, just like he said he would ... He might just as well give Osama bin Laden a key to the citys ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Interesting thoughts.

I'm admittedly not an expert on the region, but I can't see any way he could pull the troops out on the timeframes he had bandied about during the past 2 years, without resulting in either:

A. Destabilizing the region in the short term, or...

B. Doubling the effective size of Iran...thereby leading back to A again in the longer term.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If Clinton would of had the cojones to do what he said he was going to do the first time they tried to bomb the World Trade Center the war would of been over by now and Osama bin Laden would of been eliminated ... The Taliban fighters would of seen that they had no defense against a Super Power and all of the people that died on 9-11 would probably still be here, and the Twin Towers would probably be also ... Bush pulled the trigger that should of been pulled by Bill Clinton and the Capon Democrates ... Obama had better listen to the advisors or he will create a bigger mess than has already been created only the battlefield will be relocated ... If they don't finish the job this time, it will never be over ... The only way to deal with people from 3rd world countrys is with 3rd world tactics and thats total elimination ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I don't think he's going to pull out. He is not a dumb man and knows that if there is a rapid pull out, Iraq will be worse off than when we came in. Don't criticize him for flip flopping when he doesn't pull the troops out. He is stepping across party lines and making the right decision in doing so.
    -Trappy

11. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

My guess is that whatever he does, it will be muddled, inconsistent, and driven by polls.

If his record in the campaign and senate are any indicators.

Jim

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Trappy12,
    I hope when you get old enough to realize that you do not know everything that they take you in the Military and make a man out of you, maybe then your attitude will change ... Its obviouis that as long as someone else is doing the fighting for you and giving you the right to free speach you are taking full advantage of it ... I have family thats been either in the middle east or on their way to or from for the last 4 years and they would love to talk to you ... The biggest problem they see right now is Obama going to be at the controls in the near future ... Stepping across the Isle and he isn't even the one in power yet, Bush is ... The Headline in our local paper today says Obama says "Fast action vital to revive economy" ... "DUH" ... I wonder where he heard that, must of been when McCain or Palin said it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Trappy, Theres a big drill instructor looking for you.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Russia has made noise about putting missiles on the Polish border. A little test for the Obamination.

Trappy, what's the next move? I'm sure someone with your expertise in wdorld affairs has the answer.

HM

15. bocephus

bocephus Member

ooooh now as long as it is hussein obama doing it, it is ok to flipflop? Trappy again you show your ignorance....

16. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Did ANYBODY think this wishy washy cameleon would keep all those promises??!! Heck, there are people who voted for this loser that think EVERYTHING will be FREE to them from now on! Did you hear the young women who ACTUALLY SAID that now she won't ever have to worry about putting gas in her tank or paying mortgage again ! What PLANET are these fools on anyway! Don't worry about Trappy. Someday REALITY will hit the fooish boy right between the eyes.As long as somebody ELSE is paying the freight, he can live in his made up dream world. I saw several of his kind during the 60s and 70s. Today they KNOW better, but they were were delusional for several years!

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Ok, first off, I know I know nothing. Stating my opinion and being opinionated DOES NOT mean I think I know everything. Second, what the heck? I'm supporting what you guys are arguing which is against a dramatic with drawl of troops and you're slamming into me for it? What am I missing here?
    -Trappy

18. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Trappy what you are MISSING is the fact MOST of us KNEW Obama was blowing smoke when he said he would IMMEDIATDELY pull out of Iraq. He is a snake oil salesman who promised the moon and stars to get elected. He won't and CAN"T keep those promises! The country will be tested to the max by our enemies who think Obama is weak on defense. Most of us don't think he has the guts, knowledge, or comittment experience to be Commander in Chief. We are in DEEP crap right now and need a forceful leader. Most of the world sees him as a go along push over. I know you don't and I hope(for the sake of this nation) your right. But I'm NOT willing to bet a lousy penny on it!

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    waterhouselake, quote: <i>"I predict the draft coming back under his Administration. I look for a large turn over and reenlistments going south, big time..."</i><br>
    <br>
    Nope. Lord Soetoro is on record as wanting to cut the size of the military by nearly a third. Those who decide not to re-up will fit nicely into his plans to emaciate the military.

20. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well yeah, in the primaries he had to run on the Democratic ideas, but now that he's going to be President, he was to work on the policies that will help the country the most, not the democratic party.
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.