1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trons tips for resume post?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chessney, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chessney

chessney TS Member

I did a search for the post that gave Tron tips about resumes and interveiw advice. At the time I remember thinking what great advice for someone looking for a job...Well, I find out today that my daughter will be caught in a downsize ordeal within her company. I told her that I would send her that thread but I can't find it? Any help would be great in finding it.....Ziggy

2. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

I don't remember Tron's post, but I know that a Resume should only be a page or two long and should look very neat and clean. Print it on good quality paper. Prepare a nice cover letter to go along with the resume stating your interest and qualifications for the specific job. Always show up early for an interview and follow up with either a phone call or a letter.
    I have hired a few people and let me tell you that when looking at a pile of resumes, the better (more professional) looking ones get more attention.
    Brian

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I have been hiring people for over 32 years. What I look for on a resume is an honest representation of the work experiences of the person to see if they have developed the basic skill sets which the job requires. These should be set forth clearly and simply without a lot of embellishment which is very easy to spot.

Assuming that the person has the basic skills for the job, what I really like to see is a cover letter that gives me some insight into the personality of the applicant. If that letter contains some of the concepts in the sample below, the person has a very good chance of getting an interview:

Greetings,

Attached is my resume for your consideration. However, I think that it's important for you to know that I have always considered my job as an opportunity to complete the tasks that I have been given in an efficient and workmanlike manner not because that is what my employer has expected of me but because that is what I expect of myself.

I consider it to be important to be punctual and be ready every morning to assume my fair share of the work load. I consider the time I spend working as necessary to earn my living and not as a way to spend time between paychecks. I am not interested in gossip or office politics, but I am interested in having the contributions that I make recognized by being given increased responsibilities and an opportunity to be rewarded accordingly.

I would very much like to present myself for an interview so that you can learn more about me and I can learn more about your expectations.

Sincerely,

4. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

I would hire TRON without a resume!

5. chessney

chessney TS Member

Tron: I ment no disrespect. The post that I'm refering to had a lot of people giving you advise on what to expect at an interview. The advise was from people that were in charge of hiring people ect. Surely someone remembers that thread?..... Ziggy

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ziggy one way to find it is if you know of anyone that replied to the thread then search the user name in the search feature and look at all the threads of course im sure a lot have deleted their post.

Ok I might had replied to it if so then I know mine is still on there since I don't delete my stuff.

Im looking now.

Foggy

7. porky

porky TS Member

CHESSNY-- I ran the post to the top. Look for it under the Subject:OT: I MIGHT have a job!!

8. chessney

chessney TS Member

Uhhhh. Thank you....Ziggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.