1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tron working?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

After all the hubu the question needs to be asked, Tron did you get the job or are you closer to it?

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Nope. I guess interviews aren't my thing. Ask me a question, you may not get a "politically correct" answer or what you WANT to hear. The next guy that mentions the word "team" is going to get belted. There is no "team" in the dealership world. It's every man for himself, make no mistake. Yep, there is no "I" in the word "Team" but...there is a M AND an E.

If you perform, make money (for you and the entity), then you are of value.

The search continues.....

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Tron, best of luck!

The business I own is dying, and I have been looking around for something new also. I don't interview very well either. The last interview I had was all this team crap too. Team this, team that, team circle jerk, rah, rah, rah. Am I interviewing for a job with the Packers??

Tell me the job you want done, and I will tell you if I can do it or not. If I can do the job I will do it and I will do it well, but I don't want to be a damn cheerleader or team member. What the hell happened to being an individual?

4. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

All this "Team" crap is what they are teaching the kids in school these days.

When I was in school it was dog eat dog (sorry Kyra and Killer). Now, even in the lower grades, they have teams, so that "no child is left behind". My nieces are gifted, but they have to sit a table and cut out shapes and such busy work with some of the dumb kids. My little 8 year old niece got in trouble for writing o the bottom of her paper, "I am bored".

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

Actually you guys are only partly right about teamwork.

Yes, there is a lot of rah rah bullshit; but that usually comes from organizations who have embraced "teams" as the latest "flavor of the month" management solution. They are crap organizations with poor leadership looking for the "silver bullet".

In a true team environment, you will be more effective and happier at your work.

Just my view of things - having worked in both environments.

Joe, your "interview skills" are likely not the problem. Call if you want to talk about it. I will be brutally honest but I will buy the beer.

Don

6. Bruce Specht

Tron, Keep looking the right spot will open up for you.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Tron, practice a little spanish and you can become a Wal-Mart greeter.----What I can do for you?. Mike

8. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Poor Tron, the only unemployed person in the world. Just keep drawing your rocking chair money, and play with the computer.

Just don't go into the next interview believing you are the King of TS.COM and they are your subjects. BRGII

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Well BRG (short for braggart), between all of your dumbassed jokes and braggart threads (WOW, you shot a 76 in caps....I bet you're the pride of your street) you have a lot to bring to our table for sure.

No, you are not ever going to be on my buddy list, so don't ask.

Tron

10. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Tron, come on down to eastern ky. and get on the draw--all you got to do is say your back hurts,get some dope from any of our drug pushe,excuse me , local physicians,get high for a while and petition social security for a disability --something like a crazy check let's say and then you can also draw ssi --then the first of every month go to the local grocery and buy 20 cases of cokes or mountain dew with your food stamps,take them back home and trade the soft drinks for more dope to sell--also you can qualify for a fishing hunting license for only 5 bucks a year and spend all your free time riding 4 wheelers and laying out on the lake.

11. Derek

Derek TS Member

Come and live in Australia Tron .

My club has 4 Bunker layouts and putting in a fifth .6 trap layouts .3 skeet .5 stand and sporting so cover all the shooting you may like.

Derek

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

comp 1, Where is this at? I might want some of that action myself. Hell with "might", I do want some of that. It's about time I get on the receiving end, I've did the giving for 35 plus years now. Time to see how the other side lives.

Hang in there Tron. Have you checked with FedEx or UPS? If they don't need a mechanic they might want you as a driver. A friend of mine purchased a FedEx route, he claims it is the best thing he ever did. Down side is you have to run it every business day, but he loves the fact he is out on his own and the interaction he has with his customers is limited to 3 ot 4 minutes max.

13. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

bisi, I kid you not--it's a WAY OF LIFE here--any eastern,usually far eastern ky. co. Don't let the hillbilly-appalachian b.s. scare you,there's plenty of shoes for everyone==this place is a place of haves and have nots except the have nots are catching up with the haves--millionaires live right next door to welfare bums and most of the money here stems from gov't giveaways. If it weren't for the first of the month welfare checks to keep the economy up and running this place would go straight down the tubes,but there's NO lack of disposable income thanks to UNCLE SAM. W e also have trap shooting here too, 2.50 per round of 25

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

My new boss started with the team crap too. I told him to tell me what he wanted done, then get the hell out of the way!

15. dverna

dverna Active Member

BRG, you are an jerk.

Does kicking a man when he is down make you feel superior?

Tron likes to have his fun but he also contributes to this site and he has helped many shooters. No one who knows him, has ever said anything negative about him. Can you say that about yourself?

Don

16. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Jerk? Hell I've been called worse than that by people that like me.

Nope, I can't, but also I'm not whining about not having a job. I've worked for 55 years and am still working. There are jobs if you are not to egotistical to actually do some work. Tron maybe a guru to some of you but he just reminds me of some of the fellows that have worked for me.

Oh, yes, I can't fathom how you could call it bragging when you confess on public forum that you shot a 76. That's crappy shooting in anyones eyes. BRGII

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Tron,
    Hey I shot a 52 at caps last year. Quess I ain't making the team but can I at least get on your buddy list? Lol Bill

18. Bruce Specht

TRon,
    Might I suggest the pwoer companies or other fleet service operations in the area. You may be suprized some of them have laid off to many experienced techs and are in need. Good Luck bud

19. boneman

boneman TS Member

hey BRG11 I think you hit the nail on the head seems to have just a tad of an attitude. Thank you for your time. Larry

20. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Tron,

Keep the plow in the furrow and something will turn up.

Joe