1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tron need your help on 391 recoil reducer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tburrey, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tburrey

tburrey Member

Heh Tron: Appreciate your response. I purchased the reducer from Joel Etchens website. The only one on there for the 391. It's under miscellaneous on his site. If it is the one to go in the magazine how do I do that? Thanks. Tom

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yeah, that is the one for the milled area in the stock. It fits in the milled out area behind the stock washer. The black rubber end goes towards the muzzle. If your stock has the milled area, it will fit.

Jb

3. tburrey

tburrey Member

Heh Tron I really appreciate your help but I'm confused on how to put the thing in my stock. I have a 2008 Urika trap so it will fit. The BerettaUSA.com site says to take out the nut and number plate then put the reducer in with the small end facing the rear then reinstall the numbered spacer and nut but I don't believe this is correct. Your instructions indicate the small end goes toward the muzzle. I think your correct but do I take off the nut and numbered spacer first of just remove the pad and drop it in small end first towards the muzzle? Thanks again for your help. Tom

4. Tron

Yeah, I had it backwards, sorry. There should also be arrows on the unit that point towards the muzzle and even say "muzzle".

5. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are all of the 391 12ga stocks milled to use this reducer ? Thank you Bill

6. Tron

No. The milling began with the Optima models and the reducer was offered as standard equipment for the Teknys. The milled area became standard on all 12ga, even the field models. Nice feature, but I think that the Breako reducer works best with that set up.

7. tburrey

tburrey Member

Bill I seen somewhere it said from 2005 & on. Hope this helps. Tom

8. tburrey

tburrey Member

Tron, thanks again for the help. Got it in OK. Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.