1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tron is no Julius Ceasar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dverna, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

He came.

He saw.

He did not conquer!!!

BGC had a little ATA trap shoot yesterday. Tron was there.

The weather was a tad windy and we had some sprinkles too. The conditions were not amenable to good scores. Tron wussed out and decided to "protect" his average and did not shoot singles. At least one trap shooter (I am told an All American) was there, and he shot a 100 - it was a great performance.

Tron shot the Handicap. I think he left his skeet choke in. I know this is possible as he has done it before. At least, that is what he told me the last time he shot a similar score.

The good news is - he had my gun ready. He "stole" a used trap stock from a guy here on TS.com and fitted it to my Ducks Unlimited 686. He added a comb and adjustable butt plate. The stock was refinished too, and did not charge me for the that portion of the work. It will make a great Sporting Clays gun. Another nice job from my friend at Tron Space.

Tron is taking me out to teach me to shoot Sporting Clays. It should be blast. I hope it is not windy or rainy or I will be shooting alone.

Don

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

OH, poor Donald...go wipe your nose and dry your eyes already. You just know that I was right this time and YOU paid for it when you got blown off of the field. Putz.

And you Gerald....you must be developing that Old timers disease or something. I came over to your table and personally shook yours and Pat's hands. What do you want? Maybe I'll come over and sit on your lap the next time.

Tron

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Joe, Joe, Joe;

Yes, I paid the price. I dropped my average with the pathetic 92 I shot in singles. But it was good practice - learning to shoot under less than ideal conditions.

It may have helped me squish you in the handicap. It was only a 91 but good enough for a punch.

I would have bought you a beer afterward if you hadn't run off so quickly. I guess you needed to go home and tell kitty how "smart" you were for keeping your average up.

Have you been sniffing too much Truoil lately??? The Tron I met two years ago would have laughed at guys who "protect" their averages.

Shoot like a man - BOY!!

Don

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Don, what threw you off of your game was, it wasn't ice blowing in your face. Ah, the fun days of winter shooting.... NOT!!!

Jerbear

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I can concur with Tron and Jerbear. I thought it was late October, and not mid-August.

The targets were moving more like doves than clay pigeons.

Best,
    Dennis

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

et tu

7. Big Bores Rule

Big Bores Rule TS Member

Ok Jerbear, Just how would you know how bad it was? All you did was sit around the clubhouse all day and annoy people with your incessant BS.

BBR.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If you would have come to the Grand the weather was beautiful. Balmy 83 with a gentle breeze. Wish you were here.

Don

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yeah Pat, I'm glad that you verified my story. Yep, Jerry was yappin' away about how while his new shrink was a total hotty, he felt that She was a bit on the pricey side.....then, he borrowed 50 bucks from me. I'm glad that you remember Pat.

Tron

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Thank you BBR, You just saved me $175.00. I don't know you but, now know you shoot at BGC and will not renew my membership there. I don't even think I was talking to you, at any point in the 3 hours I was there. I looked at the radar before I left my home and chose not to shoot. I went there to see if Joe was around and if he could bring a few VCR tapes I loaned his son. I don't know what bug you have up your a$$, you really need some raid for that though.

It seems I have posted about 3-4 times on here in a long time and you are right back in my sh!t. I guess I will go and lurk again.

Jerbear

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

JERBER: Just ignore the blow-hard.

Whiz

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

I suggest that BBR and Jerbear focus on trashing Tron instead of each other. This is my blasted thread!!!

If you guys cannot play nice go shoot 100 singles, and 100 HC to decide who is the "man". I have no idea who BBR is but if he can shoot Trap then let's add 100 Skeet because I hear Jerbear is a pretty good skeeter and that will level the playing field. Heck, I will even pay for the targets to get this thing decided.

My goal was to run-off Truoil Tron so I have a better chance at winning the club championship. But the scrawny weasel face is a resilient little SOB. This BBR character succeeds in getting Jerbear to quit instead. JEEZ, what a turn of events!

BBR, I'm going to be gun'in for you. I don't take kindly to having our members driven off by insensitive remarks.

Don

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Sorry Don, you may proceed to trash Tron...

I will be watching from afar.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.