1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tron gets my fat head lined up - Super Cast Modif.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dverna, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

I needed to get a lot more cast off than normal. About 7/8"

Tron came up with an add on offest plate that gives me 1" of cast off and permits the plate to be removed and use the standard Krieghoff hardware if I ever sell the gun.

Turn around was 3 days and he did a great job for me at a very reasonalbe cost. Shot a 25 and two 24's in gale winds at Birmingham and now the beads line up perfectly!!

Tron will post pictures we took on Saturday. The prototype is made out of plastic sheet but he is thinking of using aluminum.

For those of you who need a lot of cast off or on, it is an elegant solution.

Don Verna

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Don was a bit of a challenge, being that he has a head the size of a T-Rex's. It was a fairly simple solution, making up a piece with new hardware that was off-set and it bolted onto the remaining K-80 hardware that was in place. Once I get my mill, I'll be able to make such pieces out of solid blocks of aluminum or whatever material is desired.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2443.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2447.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2454-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2455.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2459.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2461.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. flamborn

flamborn TS Member

Very nice.

4. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Beautiful work Joe. I read the first post and figured you had come up with a shim system between the reciever and the stock but moving your comb is pretty cool!

Steve

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I liked the "head as big as a T-Rex", myself.. lol

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

The T-Rex took his new toy out again today.

Put the K4 - full - choke in and managed a 99. What a difference.

Big M, I like T-Rex better than Fat Head too.

Don Verna

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've met dverna. He's not a "fathead".

8. Bow Hunter

Bow Hunter Member

Tron let me know when we can get ahold of this piece. I'll bet I,m not the only other fat head out there. The great "All American Trap Stock" is too wide for me to get to the center of my rib also. You can PM me for email when it's convienient.
    Al

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Don- With your comb so far over, do you have a problem with your face hitting the 90* angle the comb cut in the stock creates? I have a similar problem with needing quite a bit of offset, and every time I tried to move the comb way over like you have done, my face always ended up hitting that sharp edge.

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Bow Hunter, PM sent, I can make one up for you no problem. Ian, I rounded the edge that contacts the face, so that it wouldn't be an issue.

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Joe- Would you happen to have a close-up pic of this? Just curious to see how much of a radius you were able to put on it. I'm using a PFS now so I can shoot 12ga out of the over/under, but am considering going back to an 1100 (as of today LOL), so I would put a wood stock back on my kolar, and a wood stock on my 1100, and something like what you came up with would be ideal for me, without having to go through the hassle of making myself 2 completely custom stocks.

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Nice work Joe. I really admire the way you have been so flexible to take your skills to a new job arena and go on with life.

13. shootsome

shootsome Member

I had my adjustable comb hardware moved way to the right for more cast off and now the front edge of the comb whacks my thumb. Hurts like heck. Be aware of this.

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

Shootsome and Skeetman,

I normally shoot 1 oz loads at the 16 for practice but yesterday I used 1 1/8 loads (19 gr of Promo, Fio 616's and S3 wad in GM hulls) to shoot the 99. I had no problems at all with recoil - and I am recoil sensitive.

There is a Dead-mule installed and a Gooey Pad. LOP is important to reduce recoil but what works for me may not work for you.

I grip the gun rather frimly and pull it into my shoulder resulting in very little gun movement during recoil. What Joe did works very well for me and it beats the heck out of the cost of a custom stock.

Don Verna

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

TRON: Innovative, nice workmanship, simple. Two Thumbs Up!

16. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I don't have a head like a T-Rex, but have very high cheekbones, due to my American Indian heritage. Tron also corrected my Perazzi Try-Stock.

Great work, quickly done, and at an attractive price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

modif gets