1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TRON F-350 SD Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mx2005, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

TRON I believe you worked as a Ford mechanic could I pick you're knowledge a little I have a 1999 F-350 SD Crew Cab 8 ft bed V-10 auto OD I have power door locks but they don't move I can see an attempt to move when the button is pushed but no up and down could it be a relay or something to cause all four doors not to work any help would be a greatly appreciated. You can here activation but I have no experience with this and don't know where to start looking. If you want to e-mail me or PM thats fine . Pat.k.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Do the door locks work from any other door? It is not uncommon for the drivers door lock switch to go out as it usually gets the most use and spills. You can take a multimeter after poping the control up and find the output side and see if voltage is going out when pressed. Yea, I know I'm not Tron, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. Actually I used to do electrical work at a dealership. Jackie B.

3. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Jackie I will check that out tomorrow and see what is going on I think I tried and didn't get any thing but an attempt to move but no up or down. I'll get back to the thread tomorrow. Thanks Pat.k.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

My F250 is the same way. You can see the buttons jump a little but not enough to unlock. If I manually pull the buttons, they are very difficult to move.

I think my problem is dirt. Most of my daily driving is on dirt roads. My drivers window also moves very slow.

5. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It's probably your lock actuators. They have a tendency to seize up and corrode in time. I would start with the drivers door and if that works out, you know what you have to do with the rest. You will need to remove the door panel and the actuator is either screwed in or there is a rivit that you'll have to drill out.

7. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Tron Thanks I will try to do the drivers door asap and get back to you. Thanks Pat.k.

8. Hooked

Hooked Member

Common problem with the SD. If you go to the Ford Truck Enthusiast forum (google FTE forums) and do a search on door lock actuators, you should find lots of information. It's easy to change out the actuators and there's a Ford parts guy that's a sponsor of the site that can sell you the parts cheap. There's also a DIY to fix the actuators yourself, but in my case, it was worth my time just to order replacements and put new ones in.

Regards,

Brian

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Sure does sound like a case of actuators. We used to try to fix them, but they eventually needed replacement. You could also have some resistance in the line somewhere, but I'd bet on the actuators, since they are hard to move manually.

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Found the info I was looking for at the Dieselstop.com and at the Ford truck forum.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/447449-power-door-locks-fixed-24.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.