1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tron-- 390 suddenly starts not ejecting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think I looked at all the obvious things- shell doesnt eject completly and some light primer hits ( I dont think it is fully back in batter)

Any thoughts?

thanks

Gene

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I'm not Tron, but here are a few things to check on.

Make sure the gun is properly assembled and all parts are present.

Clean out both gas ports in the barrel.

Make sure the exhaust valve still has the plate in place that covers the gas exhaust holes.

Check the connecting rod to see if it's broken.

Remove bolt assembly and trigger assembly and give both a good visual inspection to see if anything is broken or missing.

Try a different ammo, particularly if you are now using a low powered ammo.

Recoil spring in stock may need cleaning or replaced, but I doubt this is the cause of the problem.

Easystreet

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It could be a lot of things and Easystreet covered most of them. When is the last time that you gave the gun a REAL good cleaning? Check inside the recoil tube to see if it's not all gunked up. Did you check the firing pin and spring? Also, shoot the gun wet with Breakfree CLP, if you don't do so already.

Most importantly, WHAT kind of ammo are you using??

Regards from SE Michigan,

Joe

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

If you are having some difficulty with the shells ejecting from the gun, it may be helpful to mix in a small amount of a laxative with the gun powder. Seems logical to me.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.