1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trolling motor question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cueguy, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cueguy

cueguy Member

My local army area has fishing lakes and provides the boat, oars, preserver, fire extinguisher, anchor and trolling motor, but no battery. What type of battery, how to charge between uses. I have a trickle charger. Nubs Wagner

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Deep Cycle Marine battery. Charge after every use.

3. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

deep cycle 12 volt battery, 10amp charger. Batt should be about $75 charger about $50. Trickle charger will take forever plus a few days to charge your battery. new chargers are all automatic, connect and charger will go to a maintain mode when battery is fully charged.

4. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

keep the battery on trickle or maintenance the entire time it is not used. Lead Acid batteries like to be kept topped off. Let them drain and they come back a little less each time. The deep cycle is better but you still do not want to have it set around discharged.

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

You ask a perfectly reasonable Troll question, and all the hairy little buggers go and hide under the bridge....what is this world coming to?

6. cueguy

cueguy Member

Got me. It was a real question. My cousin said to get a car batt. Now I have to find where to buy a deep cycle marine batt. Nubs.

7. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Start with Sears for that kind of battery, and they have good chargers also.

Charlie

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Ask Skeety. He's a trolling expert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.