1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trohies: Opinions needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grnberetcj, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

As this site has such a diverse cross section of shooters, I would enjoy reading your opinion on the below listed question.

Which trophy will be better received by the winner's:

1 - A quality hard case for a breakdown shotgun?

OR

2 - A large (8 box) Shamrock leather bag?

Thanks in advance...

Curt - Delaware

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I never win anything, but think I would rather have the bag if I were to get lucky.

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

grnberetcj- Any trophy is "worthy" if it gives the event name and "winner", "runner-up" etc on it. Basically identifying the event that you got you the trophy. Dates, winner's name and score are a nice touch also but I realize that is not always possible. Trophy/winning prize should be commensurate with the importance of the event. JMHO

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

5. gordy h

gordy h Member

The bag, so you can show it off. the hard case will most likly stay in the car, but I would take both, sure is better than a standing man trohie.

6. BAP

BAP TS Member

Personally I would prefer the gun case since I have more use for it. Others may prefer the bag. It's all a mater of personal preference. Choosing trophys is a chore and no mater what you do some will be thrilled and others will be disappointed and fuss about your choice. Bill Parson Jr.

7. A23B

A23B TS Member

The bag would be best, the case would be good also.

Basically any thing that shows what, where, and why it was won and that can be used proudly at and all shoots.

-= ed nast =-

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

We've given embroiderd shirts, embossed bags (Shamrock), embroidered bags (Bob Allen), pouches, clocks, buckles etc...

While I've enjoyed winning them and keeping them for a while... But I find that for me, if the item is "dated" I wont use it after a while, so much so I'll even toss it... so if a guy/gal is you HOA Champion, singles champ, etc... - put their name, name of the shoot, Club name etc... on the bag/award, but consider leaving off the year they might appreciate being able to use an award that isn't "dated".

jay

9. Pony Keg

Pony Keg TS Member

Curt,

I hope my favorite ex state trooper is doing well and we plan on seeing you this year at your state shoot.

Trophy that I would most appreciate is CASH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully,

Jeff Warren III

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Cash isn't a trophy. It is a partial return of the money it took to win it.

11. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Bag.

Adios, Dirk

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Thanks to all for the input/opinions thus far.

Hey Jeff....retirement is good!! I think that the Board is working on "Added Money"...plus there'll be plenty of options to satisfy even the most jaded of our ilk...

Curt

13. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

A nice money clip takes up less space, I for one already have enough bags and buckles!!

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Anything but a strawberry flavored water hose. Which I won, once.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Curt- You can't win the trophy selection game. Whatever trophy you select, most winners will gladly accept it, but some will disparage it. You will, and I can't explain why, get criticism about the trophies from shooters who do not win one. You seem to be looking for a trophy for something like the winner of the HAA event. If so, the winner will most likely be a AA shooter who already has a large number of trophies.

For me, personally, I would prefer a small money clip with a little money in it. They are small and don't take up much room. For a shooter who does not have a nice bag, the bag would probably be preferred. But, for a shooter who already has 4-5 bags, the bag trophy would be of little use.

Pick one, smile when you award it and take your lumps.

Pat Ireland

16. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Don not give me a plastic man holding a gun on a wood plaque.

Give me:

AMMO
    Guns
    Gun Cases
    Shooting Glasses
    Shooting Bags
    Quality Garments
    Gift Certificats to Beretta, Cabelas, etc.
    Reloading Supplies
    Silver Coins
    Gold Coins

Ronbo

17. Pony Keg

Pony Keg TS Member

Please see the thread from Mr. Richard Marshall Jr. He is trying to sell a bunch of trophies he has won, (Shamrock Shell Bags).

Why would I purchase a trophy that someone else won. People would ask, when did you win that? Then I would have to say that I bought it from Ricky Marshall or some other AA shooter.

The AA and AAA shooters, (I am not included) have plenty of trophies. The lower class shooters are the ones who have a desire for a trophy. NOT ME

What about if you give the winner the option to get the trophy or cash. Do not pre-order the trophy, but if they want it, give them a certificate to have it sent to them. I understand there is big business for Shamrock and other trophy company's. When you already have 30 shell bags and 100 other trophies you really don't desire any more.

I also understand that the trophy committee spends a lot of time trying to make everyone happy and they really care about the shooters.

Lets not forget that with the rising cost of shells and shooting a little cash back goes a long way.

91B-18D SOF 10th Group Bad Tolz

Jeff Warren III

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

All good ideas/thoughts/opinions...

Thanks,

Curt

19. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

If I needed a case or bag either would be fine. If I had a case or bag a gold coin would be better..........Roger

20. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My favorite trophy is a money clip with a 1921 silver dollar and declaring me the winner of a AA singles class. It's with me at all times, reminds me of the good day, and gets a lot of attention from McDonalds kids who have never seen a silver dollar. And, yes, the coin is just a little older than me...breakemall....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.