1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tristar tt-09 mono trap review

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by jmunsell, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

These appear to be nice looking and reasonably priced. Anyone have any experience with it? Good and bad?

2. shoobedoo

shoobedoo Member

I don't have first hand experience with the gun, but I have done some research on them, there are a number of discussions about these at various sites around the web, a google search will turn up quite a few of these if you're interested in finding out more about the Tristar from people who actually own, or have owned one. I believe they are made in Turkey by Huglu, they seem to be reasonably well made and finished, and as you noted, are very reasonably priced (around $500) for a Trap gun. The Tristar would probably be a decent entry level gun for someone who was just getting started in the sport and only wanted to shoot a few rounds per week with it, I personally don't think this gun would hold up well to a steady diet of practice rounds, league, and/or ATA shooting where you would be putting many hundreds of rounds per week thru it, and probably many thousands over the course of a year. One thing about the Tristar I don't like is the stock, it has kind of a funky comb profile to it, sort of like a field stock with a Monte Carlo comb added.

[​IMG]

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would steer clear of these guns. Most guns produced in that country are below par. Spend your money on a good trap gun.Pperazzi TMI, Ljutic, Remington, Winchester. etc. You can usually get your money out these guns when you trade up. Beretta is a good choice also. Browning will do you a good job too.

4. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

I only shoot at most 100 rounds a week. I shot 100 today with my Winchester 101 diamond trap and shot 23 24 23 25. Not bad for only shooting trap for about 3 months now. Really wanting a BT 99 but people want way to much for them. I want the pre BT 100 model not the after bt 100 model. My son really like the 101. Anyway I may just wait and see how these hold up and keep looking for a BT 99.

5. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

How much is way to much for a BT99, I have seen them on here for as low as $695 for a decent 32" model. I agree that the tristars are probably not worth buying. For $500 I'd save another few hundred and buy a proven gun like a used 99.

6. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I just love the answers from those that have never even held one of these, let alone shot one.

One of our family's looked at this gun two years ago and, with our reservations expressed, went ahead and bought it. Well, right off we were impressed with the fit and finish. Now, two years later and about 12,000 rounds through it with NO problems, I would not hesitate to recommend it to other parents, and have.

Oh, BTW, the kid has a mid 90 avg. with several 99's, and has a 3rd place Sub Jr trophy from this years AIM Nationals.

7. al.brown

al.brown TS Member

I purchased one 2 years ago shoot trap 1 or 2 times a month, not one problem so far did not even take time to clean it until august this year, shoots just like a BT99, recoil is not any worse than a BT, only modification is a hand full of shot in the stock. worth the money in my opinion. al.brown

8. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Trapdaddy,
    The only thing I know is that a BT99 has a resale value that a Tristar will never have. Also service on a BT is alot easier than a Tristar I would expect. While I have never owned a tri-star i have handled some of their field guns and I can say the fit and finish does not compare to any browning on any level. If it works for your son then that's great, however if money is not of a concern, then I would probably recommend something of a higher quality to others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
tristar mono trap
tristar mono trap for sale
tristar mono trap tt-09
tristar trap gun reviews

tristar tt-09 mono trap

tristar tt-09 reviews
tristar tt09 mono trap
tristar tt09 mono trap for sale