1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TriStar Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pahunter1, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

Does anybody have any first hand experience with the TriStar Mono TT-09 Trap Shotgun. From what I read on different sites, it sounds like a good gun for the money. One place has them for $524.95 I have been looking for a BT99 for my grandson and this looks like a good alternative. It is more of my price range. Thanks Ed

2. tomr1

tomr1 Member

Just my .02

The Tristar is a cheaper gun, BUT if it fits your price range then I say do it. If trap is something your grandson really enjoys then possible down the road buy something else. If that's your price range and that gets your grandson on the trap line then do it! The time the two of you will spend together will be priceless. Enjoy!!!

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Listen to tigman46.

Same question was asked on "the other" board and your going to get the same answers here. The Tri-Star might be OK (not really) for hunting but is NOT suitable for higher volume target shooting. Long story short....do yourself and your grandson a favor and try to find another gun in your price range (used).

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

They are cheap for a reason. You can buy a decent quality used shotgun for the same or just a little more money.

5. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Just a comment, we had one young man on our team buy one this year. About 2000 birds later and not a single problem. He was told he might have some but so far so good. And it did come with something like a 5 year warranty if something does break.

Actually a solid built and well finished gun, very reminiscent of a Beretta in design.

I suppose it could be like a cheap acoustic guitar I bought in my youth. Mine had a terrific sound and played wonderfully, several other friends bought one from the same dealer and neither was as good as mine.

Oh, and he has gone from a 50% shooter to low 90's with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
professional shooters shooting tri star shotguns
tri star trap
tri star trap gun
tristar trap

tristar trap gun

tristar trap gun for sale
tristar trap shotguns
tt15dx tri star trap gun