1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Triple J Wings & Clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fly, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fly

fly Active Member

Triple J located bordering South Brown County Wisconsin, will no longer be operated by Joe & Patty. I personally will no longer patronize this place due to the owners way of doing business. (7) 5-stand teams have already dropped out due to the events that took place. I posted this on the WSCA forum, and they deleted it. I re-worded it with no names, and they deleted it again.

But their rules for posting under General Discussion is anything and everything.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Although I don't shoot there a lot; I will say it is a decent place to shoot. Are 'Joe and Patty" the owners that operated the club last summer? That being said; what is meant by "the owners way of doing business? It seems a more detailed explanation would help myself and fellow shooters understand why you and other shooters are upset with the operation of this club. Thanks. Ed

3. fly

fly Active Member

Joe and Patty ran Triple J in the Kelnersville area for years. They were asked to re-open the former Hunters Park as Triple J Wings & Clays along with a new majority owner, which happened around Aug 2010. There have been many problems within the organization's new owner and his staff.

Many of the shooters have dropped out, myself included. You would really need to have met Joe and his wife to understand why shooters are dropping like flies.

Feel free to ask your questions on the WSCA site, and see if your questions get deleted.

4. fcd67

fcd67 Member

Fly
    I haven't talked to Joe yet, do you know if he and Patty are starting up the old business?
    I am also on a 5 stand team there. I haven't talked to see what the other teammates want to do yet. I am not interested in going there anymore either.
    Sean

5. esoxhunter

I just posted on the WSCA site. It wasn't deleted. However, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of posters on that site; like there is on here. I am just curious as to what happened. I shoot there several times during the summer. Mostly I shoot at Wild Wings in Campbellsport. I don't really want to go up there next summer with several shooters and find out the place is closed or whatever. Thanks Ed

6. fly

fly Active Member

Sean, I really don't know what will happen after the dust settles.(I hope Joe & Patty have a shooting facility again) It is sad that it had come to this, and myself and many others are upset on how it went vs. what was promised.

I have decided not to shoot at that place again, and others have done the same. The sporting website felt that I am not promoting the sport by posting that there was a separation between the parties. Their solution was to ban me from their website. Joe had seen the postings, and didn't ask me to remove them. I was at his place discussing this very topic yesterday.

This place was just starting to get rolling with 2 courses, "make a break" and heated 5-stand. Joe had made this club into what it is, and now is pushed out.

I stand by Joe & Patty, as well as many others, and our association will NOT allow it to be discussed on their forum. Period. THIS IS WRONG!

7. fly

fly Active Member

Ed, could you tell me what was posted? I obviously cannot look due to the ban. As far as whether they are open or closed, just check their website before driving that way. I will probably start going to Wild Wings more myself.

8. esoxhunter

This is what I posted:

Re: 2011 Super Sporting & FITASC at J&H and Triple J Flier
    « Reply #2 on: Today at 08:51:33 AM »
    Quote Modify Remove
    I have shot at the Triple J facility in the past. (I believe it was formerly Hunters Park). It is a very nice facility and I had the pleasure of shooting there last August. I have heard the proprietors of this fine facility are no longer there. If I remember right, they had just taken over management of the club. Can anyone supply any input as to what is happening? I enjoyed shooting there and was happy to see them re-open; after Hunters Park had closed. Thanks. Ed

9. fly

fly Active Member

ED, i really don't know if many people will see this to answer your question, because its Subject is Super Sporting & FITASC. My posts were deleted (4) but I started a new Thread.
    Phil

10. ECWis

ECWis TS Member

Esox, the only reason it hasn't been deleted is that Joseph Goebbels (webmaster) hasn't checked the site yet today. "You vill only post vhat ve vant you to post! You vill do it our vay, and you vill like it". Flys is not the first case of perfectly innocent posts being deleted. Several well known Wisconsin shooters had their posts deleted last fall for simply asking when the 2011 shoot schedule would be posted! It's really getting out of hand, and frankly thats why the site doesn't get a lot of traffic anymore.

Previously, there was a blurb on the right hand side of the homepage, http://www.wi-sportingclays.org/, under club name changes, which detailed Patti and Joe running the Triple J operation. Today, that information is gone, it just says that Hunters Park is now Triple J. So, is somebody officially admitting that Joe and Patti are no longer with the club, or is it just another Goebbels propaganda campaign?

The whole situation is very sad. Joe and Patti are excellent managers. Joe has become a very good target setter, the state championship FITASC targets last summer were great! The new grounds could really become a premier operation. It won't happen now! The owner can certainly do things his way, but that doesn't mean the shooters are going to show up. Joe and Patti have a backbone of extremely loyal shooters, sounds like they are all bailing out already. So, that sound we just heard might be the oven door slamming shut as the new owner cooks his own goose.

PS: To the owner: You bought a gun club, not a supper club. It's not ever going to BE a supper club. Hunters and shooters want deep fried perch or cod, french fries, and beer after shooting. Not almond encrusted mahi-mahi, or whatever else you are going to spam us with this week. If you can't get that right, you just aren't going to "get it" period. They also want somebody friendly serving it to them, not somebody who wishes she were somewhere else. Take the hint before you lose the entire operation.

11. fly

fly Active Member

ECWIS, that is as accurate as it can get. I passed your post on to Joe & Patti. I just got off the phone with him. We (the shooters) all wished they could work out their differences, because it would be a great place to shoot. However, it isn't going that direction, and it may be just another gun club that closes.

Phil

12. ECWis

ECWis TS Member

[​IMG]

"it may be just another gun club that closes"

Well, as you can see from the photo, the gate is already drilled for the sign. All they've got to do is keep thinking they know more than the real gun club managers, and the sign will go up again...

13. fly

fly Active Member

Everyone in the area was excited to see this place re-open with Joe & Patty running it. Joe knows how to run a club, all the owner needed to do was stay out of his way, and let him run it. But no, lets hire more Managers for the restaurant,(who are clueless and related) and watch the place bleed cash.

They were going to put in Trap, Skeet and also Pistol & Rifle. They will be lucky if they can afford a Salad Bar by the time this is over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

triple j trap shoot