1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Triple B Clays or Redlands Shooting Park ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bucko43, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Definitely Redlands. No comparison needed. Just forget the BBB word...

2. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

If your shooting TRAP, then redlands is "hand-down" THE place to go. I have shot both,,,and only shoot BBB when I HAVE TO.
    Norman

3. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I shoot registered & practice at both regularly. I'm a member at both.

Target Presentation:

I think Redlands has this over BBB by a score of 10 - 8. Terry & his crew really take their time to make sure the traps are working and set correctly. BBB can be hit or miss.

It is rare that a voice release is not working or you get a broken target at Redlands. I seem to find them frequently @ BBB.

Background:

I like the background at Redlands better but I don't see much wrong with BBB. I'd say it is 10-9 in favor of Redlands.

BBB is much more Sporting Clays oriented than trap or skeet. They have invested heavily on that side and it shows. The trap side, from what I have been told, use to be real bad and that reputation has been hard to shake.

If you only have time for one, I'd recommend Redlands.

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Never been to Redland but have Shot BBB's bunker. Don't think Redlands has a bunker.

TB

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

MX10RS/PL,

Redlands has great crew of people that break their hiney's to make sure the targets are the right height and speed, and that they stay the right height and speed throughout the entire shoot. Terry constantly runs up and down that range in his golf cart and sits and watches to make sure all is good. At BBB, the targets are checked once in the morning. That's it.

Terry Bilbey runs Redlands (one of the best shooters in California) and he makes sure that everything runs the way he would want it to run when he is the customer.

I hate to rag on other shooting ranges, because Southern California is way too short on places to shoot registered targets. My home is San Diego, and it is a 2 hour drive to get to a place that offers registered targets. But lets say that the care and MAINTENANCE of the machines is a bigger priority at Redlands than at BBB.

Kevin

6. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Triple B is OK, Redlands if first class.

Excellent targets, excellent background and a staff that is very helpful.

Charlie

7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Redlands is shooting this Sat 20th & Sun 21st. This shoot is not listed on their web sight.
    Surfer

8. In plain view

In plain view Member

No comparison between the 2 places. You want prime rib you go to Redlands. You want hamburger, you go to BBB. Difference in ownership is night and day. Redlands is pro trap, BBB is not. JMHO. Bob

9. Ted C.

Ted C. TS Member

Depending on exactly where you reside; don't neglect the Prado Shooting Park! Not everything is perfect, but it's a good place to shoot with reasonable pricing. There are no heavy restrictions on shooting rules and the staff is very friendly. It is located right off the 71 freeway at Butterfield in Corona.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.