1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip to Italy for Perazzi

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Linda Applegate, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda Applegate

Linda Applegate TS Member

I have been searching for info to go to perazzi gun factory for my husband a avid trapshooter in Oregon as a suprise trip to Italy. I want to see a few other places but need to know what area to go to. I found a thread on here by looking on google and by the time I signed up ect I can't find it now. I love guns too, so this will be a treat. The engravings are so beautiful. Any help sure would be appreciated. Linda Applegate

2. Mac V

Mac V Guest

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Linda,
    You without a doubt win the "wife of the year" award. For the "wife of the century" award you must allow him to bring back one of the Perazzi's, custom made to his liking :)

Forrest

4. Linda Applegate

Thanks! I have tried contacting perazzi before but never got a response, this was a different looking site so I will try again. Hopefully I can find where to stay close or what city to go to. Tyring to do this secretly is hard. Apprecxiate your time. Linda A

5. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Linda,

My wife and I did this a few years ago. Contact Giacomo in New York, he can fax the company and it gets their attention.

You might try staying in Desenzano, a small lakeside town about 15 miles east of Brescia. Take the train from Desenzano to Brescia and then a taxi to the factory. The tour is very nice, the showroom is fabulous. Try Le Cava close to the factory for lunch.

Good luck,

Don Rackley

6. maudie

maudie TS Member

Linda, MX-8B is right. If you're going to visit Val Trompia, and if you REALLY want to give your husband a treat, try to visit the shops of Fabbri, F.lli. Rizzini, F.lli. Piotti, F.lli. Bertuzzi, Abbiatico & Salvinelli (FAMARS) and S. Lucchini. I can assure you that he will no longer be even slightly impressed by a Perazzi after visiting any of these makers. Jeff Voiles.

7. Linda Applegate

Wow!!I have been getting some great tips, Thanks so much to all of you that have answered!! Itried on some of the travel guide sites, frommers, italy for dummies ect. Not one answer. Mention looking for gun mmakers or anything like that and Zilch! But they will tell you what to wear. I am proud to look like an american and not afraid to show it!! We will have fun and I just want my husband to be suprised!! Thanks guys, Linda A

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Hi,

I travel to Milan three times per year for business.

Brescia is the town upon which to base your adventure. There is a castle in the center of the city on top of a hill which houses an arms museum - from swords to early firearms. A true must. The city also has incredible museums/churches all worth investigating. It is remarkably old city, even for Italy.

Any small town near by (lake district is a good idea) can be a wonderful place to stay.

I cannot disagree with the ideas for the factories to visit. You will find the Italians to be very welcoming when you show an interest in their crafts.

You will be just over an hour from Venice, which may be crowded in the summer (I prefer to visit in colder weather - streets are less crowded), but is a MUST.

Milan is also about an hour away. It is an industrial city, but the clothes shopping is un-real (albeit a bit pricy). Also has wonderful museums and the Cathedral is a must see as well. The old city (the 'Brerra' - I've spelled this incorrectly) has wonderful restaurants and fortune tellers, etc.
    The 'canal' section (Navilia - sp?) is very Bohemian and has tons of restaurants too.

If I can be of more help, please feel free to contact me at the above e-mail (remove the 'X's').

David D

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

10. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Do you have a sister?

11. Linda Applegate

MX8 4ME Yes, my husbands name is Larry. He did awesome great at the Hillsboro shoot in March and took all kinds of buckles home. I always buy him guns and he gives me the winnings thats the deal we made. (Ok, I am blonde) It has been fun, may have enough money for a room with a view in Italy!

DAVID D.I will check on places in the Lake district. At least now I know where to read about for more information. I certainly will contact you if I have some more questions. Thanks so much. Linda A

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.