1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by C Prince, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

I was wondering if anyone makes triggers anymore. I am looking for an 870 trigger in left handed.

Thanks

Chad

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

should be easy to find.

tony

3. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Chad, your going to have to explain a little more, triggers are usually ambidextrous, do you mean a stock??

tony

5. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Tony,

I am looking for a trigger for an 870. The trigger has to be a LEFT handed model. There is a difference between a right handed and left handed 870 triggers.

V/r

Chad

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

About the only difference should be the safety button and that can be removed and switched around if I remember correctly.

I have a new steel Timney is my old 870 that is in a display case here at the house. I won a handicap with it at the Grand is immediately retired the gun.

I believe that that safety can also be switch around for a lefty.

Whiz White

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The Rem triggers will not allow the safety button to be switched around. The button itself can be LH or RH, but the trigger housing has the spring and detent ball location off center.

3 options....find an aftermarket LH safety button. Rework the existing housing, or purchase a new LH housing (IMO--buy the whole LH assy)

Doug

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

forgot about the safety button, it's got to be a bi**h trying to adapt for a southpaw in a righty world!!!

tony

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Chad... Really all you need to change is the carrier. There is a difference in the carriers, but, you can easily convert a R/H trigger to a L/H one. I did a couple several years ago and, as I recall, all I had to change was the carrier... Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Actually you CAN simply turn the safety 180ยบ and it works, it just works a bit differently. I know because I *just* did it to one of my extra 870 triggers I have here in the shop.

In the fire position the red band sticks out, and if you press it further out, in set itself in Safe - only bad thing is that the red band shows, so it would not be normal for someone else. They may think it is in the FIRE position, when it is actually in the SAFE position.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.