1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger wiggles like a loose tooth?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jul 22, 2013.

1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

The trigger on my Beretta 682 Gold E wiggles. Not a lot, but enough that it is distracting - something like a loose tooth I'd fiddle with until it finally fell out. It moves back and forth and a little to the side, but still seems to shoot fine. I presume it isn't something dangerous. Still, it is bugs me.

Before trudging off to the smith I'm wondering if there's something I could do to tighten things up. The trigger is adjustable and I've removed and tightened that little screw, but the wiggle persists.

Thanks for any input

2. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

You must shoot pull, If you shot release,you would never feel any wiggle...

Don't let it get to you....I don't...

3. dcblvsh2

dcblvsh2 TS Member

As the parts wear you will get some play. I just had my 687 done. Unless you are a gunsmith there isn't much you can do.

4. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

You need a trigger dentist

Budster

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I think what gramps is talking about is that the adjustable trigger blade is loose on the trigger body, and he cannot tighten it enough with the small screw.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Is it the trigger blade moving or is the play above that in the trigger group?

Either way it is a fairly simple fix that you can do.

If it is the blade slipping on the shoe, mark where you want the trigger, remove the set screw and mark where the screw rests, remove the trigger blade and use a small center punch to make an indentation. Then with a hand drill a bit smaller than the set screw, remove enough metal at the punch mark to make a recess for the screw. Reassemble with a drop of loctite blue 242.

Now if it isn't the blade moving on the shoe then you have a pin coming out of the trigger group. Pull the stock to see that. Probably a simple matter of pushing the pin back where it belongs.

Search tags for this page

beretta 682 loose trigger

beretta trigger wiggle