1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger that doubles,OUCH

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

My buddy has a trigger that has started to double, again. Looking for possible causes and solution. Both barrels going off at the same time is about to gun shy him.

Charlie

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Let me guess...is it a Perazzi?

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Too much lube in action, take stock off, clean and remove lube from sear and trigger notch engagement surfaces. HMB

4. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

My CG started that right after getting a stock at the Grand while it was ruff fit the stock was working a bit loose, CG thinks lack of proper wood pressure and the stock not being totally tight.
    There is a large pin that was working to the side and not catching the sear on return and that do make a person a bit jumpy.
    Hope when the completeed stock getts back it never happens again.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Several reasons could prevail depending upon manufacture of gun.

What brand and model is it?

6. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Have a Mirage that was doing that... Whiz White redid the trigger, the tree wasn't lining-up square..Fixed the problem..Give Whiz a call!..If he can't fix a P-Gun trigger, no-one can!...LarryB

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I have seen many o/u that would double. Krieghoff,Perazzi,Beretta and Kolar will all double with certain shooters. It may be an adjustment thing if it is a new gun or it may be wear if it is well used. Dirt,grease,wood and many other factors can be involved.

8. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

It is a Perazzi Mirage.

9. porky

porky TS Member

It could be an oil situation, a buildup up of sediment on the locking part of the sear or a light coat of rust on the sear. If it is clean, call Jim White at 605-341-4412 or e-mail him at whiz@swsupply.com. Jim is great to work with on Perazzi's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.