1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger Shoes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by duckhunter331, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

I was just wondering if a trigger shoe from a Remington Model 31 will fit a trigger from a Winchester Model 12. If not how much would one cost?

Thanks

Travis

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

it will probably not fit. suggest call an area gun smith. years ago this was a $5.00 item. friend recently had one of the name brand gun companies add a shoe to his gun , they charged him $125.00. we probably have shooters out there, that have a model 12 trigger shoe in a drawer and not using it. hey guys,how about helping out another shooter?
    steve balistreri

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

My triggers prefer sandals instead of shoes.

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Call Angle Port, they can fix you up. GOOD LUCK

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Try this company, I had a gun that would punish my finger. There trigger shoes are very good http://www.t-grips.com Tyler Manufacturing 1-800-654-8415

GS

6. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

I agree with GS. We just received 7 trigger shoes. These ran $20 each plus minimal shipping. Try www.t-grips.com, they are out of Oklahoma. They are custom and it takes a little while to get them. They are very kind and want to make sure you get the best.

Since Canjar went out of business I am going to hand fit these to the triggers so they can removed through the trigger guard. Then they will be coated with Lauer Dura Coat and then bedded to the factory trigger. I have a certain shape I like my triggers so it will take quite a bit of work and sanding to fit exactly. Feel free to contact us. Michael and Jane

7. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Duckhunter331,

According to my ACE trigger shoe, the old style steel shoe, both the Rem model 31 and the Win model 12 take a #6 ACE shoe.

Hope this helps.

Will Gurton

8. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Meant to say ACE Trigger shoe reference chart above.

:)

Will

9. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

I just took it off the 31 and put it on the model 12. It seems to fit, there is no movement what so ever. I will have to just keep checking it so it doesn't fall off. Do trigger shoes screws loosen after awhile? If they do, what could I put on there so it doesn't. Would Lock-tite work?

Thanks

Travis

10. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Just a word of advice> Be very careful when using these trigger shoes. sometime they can slide down the trigger and when this happens the gun will not cock properly and when you close the action the gun will discharge. Ive had it happen a couple of times. alex

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

FWIW: I use a shoe on my Browning Broadway. Same shoe on there for the past 30+ years, screwed and epoxyed to the trigger. Solid as a rock.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 12 trigger shoe