1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by toad67, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toad67

toad67 Member

I currently have a SKB 685 with inertia triggers and has been having problems setting the second trigger with light loads. Any solutions to this problem other than a mechanical trigger change over or heavier loads? Thanks.

Todd

2. twotimer

twotimer Member

Toad, when was the last time you took the stock off and cleaned the inner workings? I have an 85tss that would misfire on the top barrel once in a while-light hits on the primer. I took it apart last week and sprayed it out with some Birchwood Casey gun cleaner and it worked perfect yesterday. Mike

3. toad67

toad67 Member

Just took the stock off and it is all clean. The triggers will set when I shoot shells such as the 1280FPS Remington game loads but not anything lighter.

Todd

4. twotimer

twotimer Member

Toad, I sprayed everything with remington oil and wiped it down also. I didn't have the same problem as you, but there is some blowback that gets in there and eventually gums things up. Mike

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

One way to solve the problem would be to make the inertia block in the trigger heavier inorder to compensate for the light loads. You can do this using swing weight lead tape. Put a small piece on each side of the block. This tape is available at your local golf pro shop. HMB

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

toad67 one thing I would make sure of is that I am taking my finger of the trigger completely. In some guns the slightest bit of pressure against the trigger may stop the swap over.

One way to find out is use the light loads with out shooting at the targets and very carefully make sure your finger comes off the trigger(no contact)and see if you still have the problem.

Bob Lawless

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Todd, If after doing that & you are still having problems, contact Briley and get their trigger work done for 410 tubed guns. This should fix the problem, or you can send it back to SKB and they will do it for nothing. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Send it to Briley. Probably less than $100 round trip.

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Guys,

Unless Briley has their FFL problems all straightened out, they can't accept a receiver.

I'd just send it to Omaha and have it serviced.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.