Trapshooters Forum banner

Trigger Pull

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Oregunner 
#1 ·
Many topics are cover on TS and I have seen not this one in the recent past. Dropped my Citori off at the gunsmith yesterday to have a reset problem repaired on the inertia trigger. While there I asked him to check the pull pressure which is 5 lbs. In pistols there is a great deal of effort put into trigger pulls seems like shotgunners are happy with what we have. What is a recommended pull weight for a trap gun and how important a consideration is it ? Joe

#2 · (Edited)
You typically "slap" a shotgun trigger, rather than squeeze it, like a rifle or pistol. Most high quality shotguns are 3-4# and don't creep before let off. If you can cock your empty gun and hold it up by the trigger without it clicking, then your trigger pull is too heavy. B gun triggers are good. See if someone will let you try shooting their really nice P or K gun, and you will understand why people pay big money for them. Great triggers. Mark

#3 ·
Mark: good info I have only been shooting trap about a year and never gave much thought about pull weight. I have been getting serious about the game and the trigger does not seem for lack of a better description smooth enough. Wish I could try you empty gun technique but gun is in the shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.