1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger Pull - What weight do you have?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DTrykow, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I shoot 3lb triggers or lighter. Krieghoff states there's are 3 1/4 to 3 3/4lb, from the factory. Anyone know if there Krieghoff triggers are close to that.
    Thanks, Dave T.

2. JRW

JRW Member

My mod 12 is 8# Jerry

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

2.8 lbs.

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jerry: Do you pull that trigger with 2 fingers instead of one? LOL. Before going to a release I had all my triggers set at approximately 3-1/2#. Ed

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

3-1/2

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

7. bigben

bigben Active Member

Dave, they come stock at 3 1/2 to 3 3/4, at least all of mine, should you want or need other, they will custom do one for you, incinerate em!

8. JRW

JRW Member

esoxhunter; I bought the mod 12 because of the beautiful maple wood. i was shooting it well, and a friend asked if he could shoot a couple tergets. When he called for a target he could not pull the trigger. We all chuckled as he went to the car and returned with a trigger gauge, he found it to be 8+lb pull. Now I can't hit anything thinking about the trigger. Jerry

9. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Personally, I would not go under 3 lbs. I would hang in there at the 3 1/2 - 4 lb range. This is not rifle shooting at a fixed target. You are not squeezing a trigger.

10. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Trigger pull - What weight do you have? Good question, never measured it. I just shoot it the way it is. As long as it works, no need to change. Just something else to mess your head up thinking about it.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

My doubles gun is about 3 and 3-1/4 lbs, TM-1 for singles & caps is 22 ounces. Hap

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Thanks guys: I started to flinch with my Citori Plus. I sent out the trigger and not only was it a heavy puller but pretty dirty. I had them set it to 3 & 3.5lb. Flinch it gone and now a pleasure to shoot. Dave T.

13. sidebyside

sidebyside TS Member

my KX5 had about 4lb, and I icreased it to 4.5, since i like to "feel" it before it goes off. it's a personal perefernce.

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

trapshootin hippie- I cannot agree with your position. I like to check my trigger around twice a year. Triggers can change. A slow change may not be noticed by our fingers but can show up on the score board. I always carry a trigger scale with me and frequently lay it out on a bench at the club for anyone to use. I like my trigger to set at 80 oz and release at 32 oz.

Pat Ireland

15. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Pat, so, what you are saying is, that if I had known my trigger weight, I would have broken 100 straight in my last shoot, instead of 99? I thought the reason I missed the target is cause I was conderned with gettin my cell phone turned off that I had left on in my pocket. Personally, it is just something else to think about. As long as it still feels the same, it works for me. Kinda like the lady gettin a few more wrinkles over the years, she is still a keeper, no matter what.

16. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jerry: I bought a nice original pre-64 from a friend of mine. When I tried to shoot it, I really had to "mash" the trigger to get it to fire. The trigger pull was 8 1/2# !! This came from the factory that way as he bought it new. He never shot it with the pull trigger; as when he purchased it he installed a release trigger assembly. If it were me I would have a competent gunsmith lighten the trigger pull to at least 4#. You'll see the difference. Ed

17. JRW

JRW Member

esoxhunter; Just about the same thing I did, the man who sold me the gun is a good friend. After having the wood put on it he never shot it. Jerry

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

trapshootin hippie- I tried to explain that a change in trigger pull (release) can happen and it very possibly could change the trigger timing. Trigger control is a basic part of the game. I do agree with your point that we should keep things as simple as possible, but if there is a change in my equipment such as POI or trigger weight, I want to know it.

Pat Ireland

19. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

About 3.75-4.00 #'s on my broadway. Been that way from the factory since 1970.

Eric

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jerry,

I had Tom Larkin and P&P make all of the triggers in my model 12's between 3 and 3 1/2 #s, it makes a big difference ... My Perazzi is right on 3 #'s ... for both barrels ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trigger pull weight for trap shooting