1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger Pull for Hunting Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by timb99, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

What is a recommended trigger pull weight for a hunting gun?

It would seem to me that you might not want to go as low as you would for a competition gun.

Suggestions?

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

5 lbs is about right in my opinion. My Browning autoloader had a trigger pull over 7 lbs and I literally had trouble flinching in the duck blind. I thought I was pulling the trigger and nothing happened. I had a gunsmith fix the trigger to 5 lbs and no more trouble; incidentally I use a release trigger for trapshooting.

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

I'm with Mike, 5-6 would be me.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Thanks

That's kind of what I was thinking, but it helps to get feedback.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've found that a 5 lb trigger works for me also. It is light enough to get a good shot off, but not so light that gloved hands interfear.

ec90t

6. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I agree. Five pounds is pretty ideal. Tough enough it won't go off accidentally if you're not on mechanical safety and not so tough you jerk and miss your shot.

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

5 lbs is ok for a scatter gun. I like my rifle triggers around 3 to 3.5 lbs and as crisp as you can get it. Target rifle triggers 12 to 14 oz.

Jim

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Dixie HA HA LOL Any pull will work as long as the gun is mechanically sound.
    remember you never have a loaded gun pointed at anything that you wouldn't want shot. I have a perazzi I have hunted with and it's about 2 lb 12 oz Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.