1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger problems with BT-100's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tweety2, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweety2

tweety2 TS Member

My BT-100 and my friend's 100 both have experienced trigger problems and I believe others have had the same problems.. Here are some of the problems list.Trigger timing, hard pull,hard to cock. We have shot thousands of targets and have cleaned the assembly. Please share your experience.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

3. BMC

BMC Member

I had a problem with mine a while back. During a shoot, I shot and the action wouldn't break open. I had to really force it open. After the next shot it did the same thing. Had to force it open. Looked inside, nothing looked odd. Gun opened and closed fine with no shell. Put in another shell and when it was my time to shoot, closed the gun and the shell went off right when the barrel got fully closed. Went to the truck and took the trigger group out and after some inspection, found a very small piece of the end of one of the internal springs had gotten lodged between what I think is the trigger reset mechanism. Remove the piece, went out and shot and it was fine. However I do recall it did this when it was set to eject. I switched it to extract and it didn't do it again. But I need to have it checked because (1), a spring somewhere in there is missing a portion of the flat end of a coil and (2) the gun will slightly break open after shooting Rem Game Loads. Doesn't do it with any other shell though.

4. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

I suggest you take it to "good" BT 100 gun smith, might be a spring or a burr, they should be gone through evry two years or so, new springs & such. Love mine - no problems but the above is what I do. Good luck Fraz

5. tweety2

tweety2 TS Member

Fraz who does the trigger work on your BT-100?

6. GSBT100.100 ST

GSBT100.100 ST TS Member

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM CHECK YOUR MAIN SPRING.MY SPRING LOOKED LIKE IT WAS GOOD BUT IT WAS BROKE.YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT REAL GOOD. THE GUN WOULD NOT COCK RIGHT GARY.

7. zap

zap TS Member

Nine out of ten times its the main spring as previously mentioned, also if its the removable trigger group remove the tennsion adj spring. the closing hang ups can be from the firing pin protruding into the reciever . change firing pin spring. as these guns are usuallu fool proof other than top spring maint.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

good cleaning and spring check, Every time I have a problem with any gun I clean clean clean. Sometimes I clean over a piece of cheese cloth placed over a bowl and see if any strange pieces come out.

9. hpesoj54

hpesoj54 TS Member

Had trouble with my BT 100 when the firing pin would not hit hte primer hard enough. I changed the firing pin spring and the hammer spring and it worked great. After I discovered the problem I started changing those two springs every 2 years and did not have the trouble any more.

Shoot well
    Joseph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.