1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger problem: Beretta 686 White Onyx

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by okshootergal, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okshootergal

okshootergal TS Member

Second shot randomly does not fire. The problem started this year. I've shot had this gun for over 2 years, 10,000+ rounds. From other posts I've read it may be changing to a 10- or 12-pound pull because if I pull several times, sometimes it will fire. Other times, it won't fire at all. Another post mentioned something about changing sears. I've had a gunsmith work on it--he first switched it to manual triggers, but I lost nine birds at the next shoot. Then he changed the spring. It shot about 150, then the problem started again. Is there a solution, or do I need to go shopping?

~Mary S.

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Are you sure you are releasing the trigger completely between shots?

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Inertia block lever spring (very fragile) is generally the culprit with a Beretta not setting up the second shot.

And as SBE said above, if you feel your second shot trigger pull is extremely heavy, you may not be fully releasing the trigger after the first shot. Especially when you mention "because if I pull several times, sometimes it will fire"

Doug

4. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

It is actually a fairly common problem. You probably need to send to Beretta or to Coles to have fixed. What I did to mine was to shoot the top barrel first all of the time and it has never missed a beat. I plan on having mine fixed when I have them set my triggers for 410 tubes.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Send it to Doug. (GunDr). He'll fix it properly and at a reasonable price. Ed

6. okshootergal

okshootergal TS Member

Yes, I am releasing the trigger. I shot it for over 2 years w/o any problems. It is the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
baretta 686 onyx problems

beretta 686 onyx trigger problem

beretta 686 problems
beretta 686 trigger pulls
beretta onyx problem
dissasembly of trigger on beretta 686 onyx
my beretta v10 will not fire a second shot
what problems are there with beretta 686