1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger finger ? See pic in TS USA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jack L. Smith, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

See page 15 in Trapshooting USA's March/April '11 issue.

This is an AD for Ranger. The shooter (8 times US Open Champ) is using his middle finger as the trigger finger.

Anybody else out there do this or any comments as to why?

Jack in PA

2. Hardage

Hardage TS Member

Is the shooter Jon Kruger? If so, he lost his index finger practicing with pyrotechnics for a trick shooting routine many years ago...short fuse I heard. I know he does have glossy ads for Ranger glasses in the Sporting Clays mags.

3. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Jack in PA........John Kruger, when he was much younger, was playing with some small explosives, and it accidentally detonated in his hand, and in the process he lost a couple fingers, and partial use of another.........So, he uses the finger you see in the picture, and shoots release, and for years, has been one of the top sporting clays shooters in USA.......Rob

4. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

I correct myself......he wasn't "playing" with explosives, I meant "working" with. And I spelled his first name wrong too,.......my bad.

5. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Yes that's the guy !

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I've also heard of one guy who started using his middle finger to cure a flinch instead of going to a release. I don't know if that worked for him or not.

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

The only time I use my middle finger is when Obama or some other liberal is on TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.