1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Tried Skeet and Sporting Clays for the first time

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1100 classic trap shooter, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

My 13 year old nephew and I went to Blue Grass Sportsman's League, we have never been there before it was great. He had shot a 20 gauge before but never a 12 gauge and not at clays. He hit a few singles on the trap field and loved it. I shot some trap doubles, some singles, one round of skeet, and 50 rounds on the sporting clays course. All with my Citori XT trap, most open choke i had was mod but still hit more then i missed on the skeet range. WOW you have to lead those i am not used to that or targets coming right at you on station 8 lol. We had a blast and I now like 2 more shotgun sports. Will get some more chokes and be back there soon!
  2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

great to hear of your good time...especially getting a youngster out there
  3. ATT

ATT Member

It is fun shooting at clay targets no matter what brand of game it's called.

Allen
  4. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

There is a thread on now that asks "one gun for everything?" Now that you're having new experiences, you can help answer that question. Be versitile- and have fun!
  5. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

There is a thread on now that asks "one gun for everything?" Now that you're having new experiences, you can help answer that question. Be versitile- and have fun!

Thanks I just posted a reply to that thread.
  6. SBray

SBray Member

All shotgun sports are fun for me. Each game teaches skills that improve the shooters knowledge of clay sports. Every time I learn to break a different kind of target, I feel good. It is a small accomplishment, but I think that is what all of gun sports is about, improving and having fun!

Steve
  7. ysr_racer

ysr_racer TS Member

Welcome to the dark side !!
  8. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

All of the clay shooting games have something enjoyable to offer. I would hate to pick a favorite. Most of us are fortunate in that we can to some extent, participate in them all.

bluedsteel
  9. mallard2

mallard2 Member

tried both. Trap is my only game.
  10. halfmile

halfmile Active Member

It's ok to be Bishootual.

These days you don't have to hide it.

HM
  11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Active Member

I shot trap, skeet, and sporting clays for years with an XT. It's a great all-around gun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.