1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tried Olympic Doubles This Weekend

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

On Sunday, I went and shot some singles and a little skeet at a club that is about a 45 minute drive from my house. Ran into a friend I've made over here, who has twin sons who are excellent shooters. One of the twins shoots Olympic Trap, the other shoots Olympic Doubles.

Really nice kids, probably 18 years old.

Both have represented South Africa in ISSF shoots for the past couple of years.

Both are hoping to be selected to represent South Africa in London. Hope they make it.

They were at the club practicing for the upcoming ISSF shoot in Belgrade. They invited me to join in and shoot a couple of rounds of doubles. It was my first time shooting full rounds.

The target angles are much narrower, but the shooting positions are wider, and the targets are thrown faster. You shoot it a lot like ATA trap, but frankly, its much more challenging.

I have a feeling if I practiced it a lot I could become "competent." As it was, I think I shot 56/100 which is pathetic. Lots of lost pairs. The 0 to 1 second delay really jacked with me.

Give it a try if you ever get the chance.

2. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Shot it for the first time in Tucson this year. What a trip! Didn't do well at all, but man was it fun! HJH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.