1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trident Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Holeinmypattern, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

I saw a trident bolt action trap gun on gun broker, anyone know much about these. Looks like an odd duck, but might be one of those unusual guns that I like to collect. any input would be appreciated!

-John

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

lift the picture and post it for us

3. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

Found it

"Ultra Rare"

[​IMG]

4. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

John

It looks a lot like the Holmes Super Trap that Bill Holmes in the Springfield Arkansas area was building. It does have some different points tho.

Chuck

5. blaster

blaster Member

there is one sitting in roger eubanks shop

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

looks like a castrated M-16

7. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

why in the world would you want one of those things?? to each his own!!! Weird!! Lee

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

steetiee.........I would want one if it broke one more bird than a $10,000.00 Italian or German gun and only cost 1000.00 made right here in the USA. I don't see a lot of bench rest shooters winning matchs with a rifle that looks like rifles that have been made for the last 200 years. We shotgunners have to get over the fact that a fancy wood stocked pretty thing does not necessarily breaks more birds. A trap gun has to fit the shooter and be almost non-breakable and that is what we all are looking for. I think people like Holmes and Ljutic are the type of people we need to bring the trap gun into the state it has yet to achieve. You know if it was not for some American ideas in trying to make the perfect trap gun, both the K&P guns would still be made with non- adjustable stocks, low ribs, non-adjustable ribs, fixed chokes and and so on.

9. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

That is a Holmes designed shotgun, he designs mostly survivalist type home made guns, he is from SPRINGDALE AR. I've seen a few of these at gunshows around here for considerably less from time to time. Have no Idea how it would work for a trap gun.

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

ccw1911

The gun pictured on this thread is a trap gun model. It was one of the later issues before Mr. Holmes died. He was offering this trap gun as far back as the 1980's, maybe late 70's, and the apperance of the gun changed over time. He used to run ads in American Shotgunner.

His earlier guns did not have the recoil reducing stock that I remember. He wrote a book which provided instructions and plans for making several of his designs and I think even this trap model was included, but again my memory is not perfect on this.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I can't identify the action he used in making this gun? Some bolt rifles and shotguns have far superior trigger sears than a lot of competition shotguns have. I'd like to try shooting one like pictured above!! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
holmes super trap

holmes trident trap gun for sale

trident super trap

trident trap gun