1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribute to the Groundhog

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Well-Known Member

Since it is Groundhog day and I can't wait for spring, I am starting this thread to inspire spring to make its way to Ohio. Spring in Ohio brings green to our fields and that equals hungry groundhogs. I enjoy warm summer days looking for groundhogs as much as standing on the trap line. Here are some groundhog hunting pics of mine, please add yours.
    Doug Allison

2. Dbl Auto

No more beans for this one.
    Doug Allison

3. Dbl Auto

The .223 and Grant got these, but they ate many beans before we got there.

Doug Allison

4. Dbl Auto

This was one old and big groundhog. He was living in a farmer's collection pile that included furnature, old pallets, etc. This g-hog could always see us coming from the only access to the area. He would hide in the mix of items instantly. Grant made a wonderfully long shot one summer day when he peaked his head over a pallet. That is a 25lb shot bag that we filled with sand as a rest in front of the hog for size reference.

Doug Allison

5. 1oz

1oz Member

Nice pictures sure are some beautiful fields and a fine looking young man . Excellent sport I hunt after the first hay cutting until . 6 ppc fan here

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Tch, tch...if you'd quit planting beans in those fields, Joe's "brothers" would have no reason to be there.

(Nice shot on that mom and her babies...bet they have no problem seeing their shadows now!)

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

those SOBs do some damage when they dig a hole next to a foundation. My parents' barn foundation was partly caved in due to years of groundhogs digging into the rock foundation.

8. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

It's not groundhogs, didn't have the camera when we wnt, but here is my boy shooting prairie dogs his first time and my shooting partner in the backround.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    We don't have groundhogs here in Oregon. Instead we have a 3/4 scale version called the yellow Bellied Marmot, better known as the Rockchuck. The 22-250 rules on these guys.

Hey, where's the snow? Or are those summer pics?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.