1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribute to Annie Oakley @ Pinehurst

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fast Oil, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Click on link for info.

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

So, they closed the Pinehurst Gun Club and now they're having a Tom Knapp show on the driving range at #8 course. Wouldn't it have been easier to have left the gun club in place? What a bunch of jerks. Annie Oakley is turning over in her grave. On a positive note, it sounds like a fun event with blood sports and clay shooting combined competition, and Tom Knapp. I hope Tom is not entered into the competition.

4. eightbore

I bet the grass on the #8 course is beautiful this time of year. Will they really let Tom Knapp litter it with target fragments?

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I know there are some ringers in this state that can put a team together! Note that Friday is a "review of guns".

6. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

7. eightbore

Is a "review of guns" a show of the guns to be shot or an introduction of the shooters? A combination of both would be a great cocktail party.

8. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Gentlemen,
    I shot my first registered target at the Pinehurst club and always wanted to go back, but never made it back.

I filled out the on line application using the required fields only and just commented that it was a shame that they turned their back on a lot of history and tradition when they closed the club.

I echoed Fredmon that I prefered to remember it for what it was and not what it has become.
    Looks like they want to haul out the history and tradition in order to make a buck from the shooters they turned their back on years ago.

I always wanted to tweak them for closing the club and I finally got the chance.

It would be neat if a few other did the same.
    No need to get nasty.
    I included my name and address and am wondering if I get a replie.

ed.

9. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

A gentleman's reply Hill Topper, way to go. That's the way our Southern Momma's taught us to do it!!!

10. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

It's a Tribute to Annie Oakley not the closed gun club!

Review of Guns? = Special Event (think of a city in India)

11. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Ok, sorry. Did not know that this was such a sore spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.