1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribute to an old shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by neofight, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as i did.

John Bloom

2. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Thank you for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Nicol

3. neofight

neofight TS Member

You're most welcome. Bump to the top.

4. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Terrific video, and a fine gentleman pulling that trigger.

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

Weowe it all to the "greatest generation" and here is one of the best ! THANKS for posting !

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Awesome!

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

John:
    Thank you for posting this video. A long time squad mate of mine passed away two years ago as he was also a sniper. We owe a debt of gratitude not only to them, but all our past and current service men and women.
    Thank you,
    Steve Balistreri

8. neofight

neofight TS Member

I have been fortunate to have known several guys who served in WW2, including my father who died a few years after the war from complications. A couple of my favorite heros( they didn't see themselves that way of course) were a couple guys who i flew with for almost 20 years.

We would meet, usually on Sun. mornings at the airport, unload our gear, do our pre-flights, fuel up the aircraft, turn on the receivers and radio transmitters, flip the props and watch them rotate off the runway and into the morning sky. Yeah, yeah, i know it's not like really flying, but those were some great times with a couple old guys who were the lucky ones who survived the war and came home to make a life for themselves.

We would talk from time-to-time about their service days, but like so many of that era, never in a bragging way. Bob, who passed away a few years ago, flew bombers in the Pacific, while Jack, who is still alive today and still flies those models,was a P-51 driver in the European theater. I never tired of hearing them speak about their experiences, but mostly we just talked airplane, women, cars and good booze.

I have not talked to Jack in awhile. I think i'll call him right now.......

9. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

A most wonderful post. Thank you for sharing. A little hard watching. Did anyones get rain in their eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.