1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tri-Stock -> who makes them?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sam T., Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

I would like to convert one of my shotgun's stocks into a tri-stock so I can help "fit" shooters at the club. Who makes/converts stocks into tri-stocks?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

The simplest, and possibly the least expensive, way is to get a Precision Fit Stock for your gun. The PFS will do everything that a high quality "Try-Stock" will do.

Pat Ireland

3. old tex

old tex TS Member

Ditto Pat.

The only addition would be some pitch wedges which are available from Gamiels or others.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Pat: PFS does not have a sliding grip (adjustable) or in many cases enough cast off/on, as a true try stock does.

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The best one I've ever seen is the one that is commercially available from Blaser. They have both shootable and non-shootable versions. They are not cheap!!

Ken Rucker

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Larry Woo of Wings and Clay's has one for a K-80. Very similar to the old Parker try-gun with fully adjustable wrist to stop you from canting the gun. Ask Larry who made it. 800shotgun.com, Jeff

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Parker try gun. Jeff

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I saw one in a London gun shop. Can't remember which one, but everything was adjustable. I mean everything. You might inquire at one of the high-end gun manfacturers in London, where one can be obtained.

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Heres one for a krieghoff k80

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.