1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tri-State Trap League Starting 9 October

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by balance365, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balance365

balance365 TS Member

Attention to Maryland, Northern Virginia, West Virginia Panhandle and Southeast/southcentral PA shooters. The 58th(maybe 59th) year of the Tri-State Trap League begins this Sunday, October 9, at the Greencastle Sportsman Club in Greencastle PA. Last year we had almost 300 shooters registered within the league. Program is 100 targets (50 singles, 50 caps), $20 targets, Purse, Lewis, 100 straight, and random draw options available. Juniors $10 targets. More information on the website.

Hope to see lots of happy shooters starting this Sunday.

2. TjayE

TjayE Member

The weather man is calling for 80 degrees temperature for Sunday's shoot. See you all at the Greencastle club this coming Sunday. Tom E.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Not to mention last season's $718 carry over purse for the first 100 straight and the new $1 entry fee random score jackpot. Perfect shooting weather and Greencastle's great targets and background could make someone $718 + whatever's added to the pot on Sunday....easily $850, I'm betting.

BTW, in case you're wondering how PA, MD, WV, & VA adds up to the TRI-STATE league that includes 4 states, I've been asking, and apparently, there's no answer, except "it's easier to say" ...works for me.....grin

On the next edition, I'll talk about the WONDERFUL COUNTRY HAM sammiches they serve up at Leetown...

see U on Sunday....mike

4. balance365

balance365 TS Member

Mike

I know the hammie is outstanding at Leetown, but your jumping the gun. We have to get thru the wonderful soups at Greencastle, that sausage at Nu-Ox, the pies at North Carroll and all the kitchen at Winchester before we even think about Leetown.

At least I have my priorities straight.

5. Border Bandit

Hey 365, where were you last Sunday? We did the Sausage sammiches at New Ox at their club championship...25 singles, 25 Wobble from the 24, 12pr of doubles & 50 caps. Our kitchen at North Carroll serves up great grub as well, but; OH! that dirty 'ol country ham at Leetown! What I don't understand is why Winchester, which, by the way, is in VA, (the home of VA country ham) can't get it together and offer up edible sammiches, sawmill gravy, or other good country stuff like the other clubs, Tuscarora excluded.... we'll discuss THEM later.

best mike

PS: Savvy readers may notice I didn't say anything about Mt. Airy or Thurmont, along with Tuscarora, and there's a reason. Do you see a pattern, here? Notice they're ALL in the same state? Please understand, I'm not casting stones in the direction of our fine friends in the great state of Maryland, and I'll admit, when it comes to hardshells, water fowl and other delicacy's from the Bay, it's hard to find better table fare; but all would agree, I believe, that boiled hot dogs and warmed up burgers pale in comparison to the table set at Leetown, especially since the culinary needs of trapshooters require special effort. Of course, Thurmont, being the new kids, having recently re-joined the league, should get a pass and be offered the chance to invent some dish to make them famous, like perhaps, a killer chili concoction, or some fabulous CORN beverage, since the area is so "steeped" in corn beverage(s) tradition.(pun intended)...grin Speaking of corn, I missed the newly re-instituted corn shoot at Mt Airy this summer, past, and understand they put on a fabulous feed. Perhaps the same folks will plan for my visit on November the 13th; hopefully, without tar and feathers.

Remembering all the good shooters are big guys with no necks....eat your way to better scores...

6. Border Bandit

The kickoff at Greencastle was perfect in every way. Lots of shooters, great weather, and as usual for Joe & the boys at Greencastle, classification, squadding & cashiering went without a hitch and the targets as always, looked great. Cousin Bruce had everyone in the computer and yardage assignments went without a hitch. Jean served up her world class soups and did her legendary kitchen proud. The usual practice of other club members pitching in to score, once again, kept the squads moving. It was a great day!

On another front, apparently some folks have read your author's posts extolling the greatness of Leetown's kitchen, and have assured me that Winchester will indeed have succulent Country Ham Sammiches at their shoot. There were claims made that the Winchester ham is superior to Leetown's; but there is only one person, maybe two, who are qualified to make such determations.....me & cousin Brucie.

later.....mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
md tri-state trap league schedule
md tri-state trapshooting league schedule
tri state trap league
tri state trap league maryland
tri-state trap league
tri-state trap leaque
trish state trap league

tristate trap league