1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tri Star TT 15

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brent Paulus, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Brent Paulus

Brent Paulus Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone out there has any feedback to offer on the Tri Star TT 15, UnSingle, O/U, or the Combo. They sure do look good. Just wondering about their Performance/Reliability? Pro or Con.Thanks in Advance

2. bluegroove42

bluegroove42 Active Member

3. Brent Paulus

Thanks guess I missed that.

4. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

Run like hell. For the same money you can buy a quality used shotgun in high condition that will have a lot of life left when you are gone.

Tron, Gussers and mg1polo thanked this.
  5. WadHopper

WadHopper He's not all there is he?

I'll take bets that by the end of 2016 my TriStar TT 15 DX combo will be worth more used that what I paid new. Guys were lining up last night as word spred that I had one. Not a single one of them had a negative thing to say. When I did my part the gun smoked the bird.
    There's haters out there that have dumpped thousands more into names on steel that refuse to believe these guns will hold up. Only time will tell but mark my word, buy them now...you won't be disappointed and if they tank, oh well but I guarantee you'll get your money's-worth and then some.
    There's several threads here so do some searching for more on these great guns.

Attached Files:

Slick Mick and hbar314 thanked this.
  6. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

I don`t believe that's going to happen.

Claybird2 and Gussers thanked this.
  7. Brent Paulus

Thanks guys. I was just curious, a couple buddies have been talking about the gun, and I was just looking for some feedback from some trap shooters that shoot them. Sounds like there isn't a following of Turkish guns. I'm perfectly Happy with my 3200s, they along with my reloads will sure smoke the birds if I happen to be what I'm supposed to. Thanks Again Guys.

8. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If it's made in Turkey, you'll be sorry.

bossbasl thanked this.
  9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Naysayers are a dime a dozen. I remember when Beretta's with their aluminum receiver's where called junk. K-80's had to many parts, they were sure to break, plus the receiver's were weak and blew up.....common themes when they came on the market. Of course, none of these people owned one of these guns, just spread rumors. Has anyone considered that the high end guns are way over priced. Maybe, the Turks are going to start a new trend.....Like more reasonable pricing?

10. WadHopper

WadHopper He's not all there is he?

There's some truth in "you get what you pay for" but not always, some things are simply priced reasonably. Throw some cheap ammo out there and see how long it lasts...bet if shot gets to $50/bag it'll be the best damn shot ever dropped! Hell, I am surprised my truck runs on that cheap gas that's under $4/gal. Same argument with tools...buy a Snap-On and pay 300% more than a craftsman, both have lifetime warranty and I have only once broken a wrench when using a cheater so it was my fault...hmmm, sort of like a lot of gun "malfunctions". I could see why some may be bitter that they paid $6500 for a single barrel trap gun but hey, its got a fancy case!

11. hbar314

hbar314 Well-Known Member

I like pictures:
    upload_2016-1-16_9-41-42.png

12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Skybuster,
    Tell us about the manufacturing capabilities in Turkey you big expert you to make such stupid statements. Obviously you don't have a clue of their capabilities. Why do you run down something you know absolutely nothing about?

Surfer

arcadyus and Brent Paulus thanked this.
  13. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Skybuster does know what he's talking about.

Quality costs money.

14. Gussers

Gussers Well-Known Member

I would look elsewhere for a quality used gun. You will not be happy in the long run if you shoot more than a few rounds a month. If you shoot league once a week and that's about it...you will be fine with a cheap gun. Otherwise you will be disappointed.

bossbasl thanked this.
  15. dead on 4

In manufacturing there's more than quality that drive costs, sales, marketing and advertising add tremendous costs to drive products to market and keep them growing. You can enter a market based on price value or can enter the market with pricing based on apparent value i.e. P, B &K guns. Do you understand the difference between the two concepts?

Tri Star has chosen to bring a decent product to market as a price value product, not a cheap one. This doesn't mean quality has been forsaken for price. What it means they see an opportunity for a great product in a specific price range and built there product to meet this market target and frankly seem to have done their homework to the benefit of the shooting community.

If you lay a Tri Star alongside a Browning or Beretta you will see all have been machined with CNC equipment and all have some handwork involved. Fit and Finnish are about equal with probably have the same amount of machine and handwork hours as each other. Where Tri Star differs, they are a little less refined than the others but this doesn't detract from the guns ability to break targets as well any other gun. Crap the original AK 47's were rough as a cob compared to an AR 14 but both did the job, actually the AK was more reliable.

Rick, Your right quality does cost money and that's why manufacturing is global, why Beretta and other gun manufacturers, electronic, auto industries and host of other industries have taken manufacturing to different regions of the globe. They do this to contain costs and maintain quality thus keeping their selling costs contained so they can offer there goods at prices you're willing to pay.

As I sais in the above post, you better do some investigating about other countries manufacturing capabilities before popping off.

Let me add there is not one gun company that has not had some sort of issue with their products at some point in their manufacturing career, name one who hasn't.

Surfer

Lman57, ditchparrot and Brent Paulus thanked this.
  16. hbar314

hbar314 Well-Known Member

Hey, remember, this is the country that is manufacturing the F-35 domestically. So I think saying that Turkey can't make quality products is an incredible stretch. The trick is figuring out what level of quality you are paying for.
    upload_2016-1-16_14-4-16.png

arcadyus and Brent Paulus thanked this.
  17. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

Tri-Star is not a new entity in importing Turkish produced shotguns. I recall Tri-Star shotguns brought to the U.S. market some twenty years ago. All of them crudely produced and very difficult to sell even at a deep discount. Perhaps the TT-15 represents a new found level of quality production? Based on past experience I'm not about to gamble on that fact. Looking back at the long history of, say, Krieghoff and Perazzi, both always produced an extremely high level product (K-32 and Comp I) from the beginning. Maybe that's why they continue to dominate and have such a loyal following and high resale value? If you believe the TT-15 is in the same league as the K-32, Comp I, or early Kolar with service to match I would encourage you to experiment with your money as the money you saved today on the TT-15 will soon be needed for a shotgun made somewhere other than Turkey. Hint: Shotguns made in the US, Germany and Italy have a very long and storied history of excellence. Those made in Turkey also have a history long enough for most to want to avoid.

Gussers and RickN thanked this.
  18. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Brent: You have stated that you have a 3200 and if you do your part it will smoke targets. In my opinion, (and that's all it is), I feel you have a much more desirable gun than the Turkish made guns. I admit that everyone should buy whatever they want and support that. However, if someone asks me my thoughts on buying a Turkish over/under; my advice will always be to save your $$ and look for a good USED Beretta or Browning. These guns are reliable and will hold their value. In my opinion, (and again that's all it is), you will not find that to hold true with these Turkish guns. Good luck. Ed

Brent Paulus thanked this.
  19. DTMASTERS

DTMASTERS Active Member Verified Youth Coach/Director

You are entitled to your opinions, but if you are judging these guns based on the fact that they are made in Turkey is redundant! In the past yes Turkish guns have been less than desirable, but my question is do you own one, handled or shot one of the TT-15s? Probably not! Here's the thing, don't judge anything until you've had it in your hands! And furthermore, these guns are not out to run competition with Kolar, Krieghoff, Perazzi, Beretta and so forth! So you can't compare them, they are what they are-a nicely finished trap gun for reasonable money! You know all us that shoot trap can't afford to drop 5-10-15-20 grand on a used or new big name gun, so we do have an option now! My thing is quit being so negative about these guns, let the folks out there decide for themselves if it's for them.

20. dead on 4

hbar314,
    A good portion of the F-25 would be offshored like much of Boeing's civilian aircraft but government specifies all components and assembly will be on domestic soil. If were not for these requirements, lower cost quality parts would be coming in from all parts of the globe saving millions of tax payer dollars.

Bossbasl,
    Hate to bust your bubble, both Perazzi and Krieghoff had problems with their early products. They did what were supposed to do and worked through those problems taking care of their customers in the process. If you were around when these products were introduced they were met resistance especially Perazzi because of their "high" price for such a Plain Jane gun that broke hammers and ejectors regularly and K guns because of triggers. Twenty years is light years in manufacturing, you can't compare what was with what is.

It's never been suggested a Tri Star is in the same league as P.K or B guns. They are a great value with a lot of content who are finding the audience they sought, a price value customer.

I think you need to put one in your hands before you pas judgement.

Surfer

Brent Paulus, shot410ga and WadHopper thanked this.
Search tags for this page
tristar tt 15
tristar tt 15 combo for sale
tristar tt 15 for sale

tristar tt-15

tristar tt-15 combo
tristar tt-15 review
tristar tt15
tristar tt15 reviews