1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Traveling with your gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by djw0119, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djw0119

djw0119 TS Member

I am obviously new to trapshooting and was wondering (in general) if there are different laws or any laws/rules for driving across state lines with your shotgun and ammo? For example, Wouldn't want to get arrested for carring ammo or having a gun within reach etc.. Thanks

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

As long as the gun is secure in the trunk of your car you should not have any problem in any state. Having a loaded pistol without a permit on the seat beside you will probably get you in trouble just about anywhere.

TB

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

One thing I learned.......Put the gun case in a box or something so it doesn't annouce"THERE'S A GUN INSIDE". Do this for any type traveling with your gun!

4. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

In several states, it is also unlawful to carry the shells in the same case as the firearm.

Jim

5. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Really depends on the state. I have traveled from AZ(one of the easiest besides Tx to travel with a firearm) all over the southwest, west, and northwest, trying hard to avoid southern California as much as possible and never had a problem as long as they were cased. In AZ, I just toww a long gun in the back seat if I am headed directly home or headed to the gunsmith.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You won't have any problems in Nevada. Long guns may be transported in any manner providing the chamber is empty, a loaded magazine is okay. Handguns may be fully loaded, concealed or plain sight and as long as they are in the vehicle, no permit required. Don't try this in California.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.