1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Traveling with shotgun through Seattle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ralph1100, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 Member

I just found out that I may need to work in Seattle for a few months. I was planning a trip to Salt Lake City a month from now to do some trapshooting in Utah . Now I may need to take my shotguns with me on the flight to Seattle and fly from there to Salt Lake City.

Does anyone know of any problems with transporting shotguns through the Seattle airport and Seattle in general? They will be locked in a Pelican case. As far as I can tell, Washington is a shotgun friendly state, but I'm wondering if there's anything to watch out for.

thanks for your help,
    Ralph

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

No problem at all Ralph. Just keep it out of reach and unloaded and you'll have no problems.

3. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

Have traveled through the Seattle airport several times with rifles, pistols, and shotguns. As mentioned already, locked case and unloaded and declared never a problem.

There are several ranges in the greater Seattle area, may want to do some shooting after working hours while here in the Northwest.

4. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 Member

thanks for the responses. This helps alot in figuring out how to manage the trip to Utah, and I might also be able to do some shooting in the Seattle area too.

5. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

You'll have no problems at Sea-Tac airport, as long as you stick to TSA and airline rules. Seattle is a small aberrant liberal enclave in a state that is generally gun-friendly. Once you leave the city, folks in the suburbs & beyond are normal people. Washington's Second Amendment is clearer & stronger than the U.S. Constitution's, and the state has a state pre-emption law which forbids municipalities from passing anti-gun laws. Lots of gun clubs in western Washington (http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/WA). Cross the Cascade mountains to eastern Washington and you could be in Idaho or Montana, by the number of gunowners, and gun-racks in pickup trucks. Have fun. Phil E

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Yeah...35 minutes north of the airport is the Kenmore Gun Range, 15 minutes south is the Renton & Ravensdale clubs. Hope you get a chance to shoot in the Great Pacific Northwest!

7. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 Member

thanks for the replys. It's very helpful.
    Ralph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.