1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Traveling with a shotgun / TSA question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

When I was a kid, I lived in Chicago. Mikey, who lived next door, was my best friend.

One day we were playing on the frozen pond in Gompers Park, and Mikey fell through the ice. It seemed like it was only a few minutes until some of the adults got him out, but he was never the same after that.

In late 70's and early 80's while in high school & college Mikey did a lot of "self medicating" if you know what I mean. We kind of lost track of each other after that.

I recently got a call from a mutual friend, telling me that Mikey had been in really bad car accident. He had what the doctors call a "traumatic brain injury". In fact it was so severe, they had to drill a few holes in his skull to release the pressure from his brain swelling. Later, they actually had to remove part of his brain, due to all the damage.

I guess my question is, is Mikey over qualified to work for the TSA?

If you think those brain dead idiots are keeping us safe, you're crazier than Mikey.

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

With only part of the brain missing, sadly he is not. The lose must be either total or nearly so.

3. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Very Sad situation we have ,I worked for a couple of airlines for a total of 38 yrs and I hold a higher security clearance than the Morons that check me every day or times I have to fly.

4. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I had one who could not figure out how to refasten the fastex buckle on my ski bag. Now this is a fastener used on just about everything from a child's high chair to most backpacks and fanny packs. He screamed at me for asking him to properly snap it back together the way he got it. He also kept rubbing his little rag that looks like a fabric softener sheet on my skis like they might be them "splodin" type skis. This guy could not find a bear in a phone booth. I think he was let go from Walmart the week before for failing his annual mental skills evaluation. I think he might also been frustrated since he was the kind of guy who surely was not getting any action.

Last time I flew with a gun the TSA at MSP had to unlock the case and inspect it, they did not know much about firearms. Flying back from Miami, they were very cool. I asked if they needed to open and inspect it, they replied "you told us it was properly stored and unloaded, why do we need to see it?"

I think they are only there to make the fools feel safe. Hopefully they will eventually get professional skilled and public relations trained employees, until then TSA is just a Thousand people Standing Around.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

racer there is something wrong with you- making fun of someone with TBI--

You probably are one of those that never served in the military- one of those that think you are better than anyone else- one of those that hasnt paid your dues in life but expect something from our goverment and everyone else

ysr racer- why dont you go live in a country that you think suits you better than this one

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Gene

You obviously don't get out much do you?
    Have you ever flown from a commercial airport since - say 2001?

Has nothing to due with military service - not everyone can serve.

Sam

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sami-- so you think you get out and I dont? LOL

1. I have been in all 50 states and I cant even remember how many other countries

2. You dont make fun of people with TBI

3. Nearly anyone can serve if you want to or more importantly, if you think you owe something to the United States, rather than always wanting something just because you were born here.

4. Some countries I have been in- if you had the type of attitude displayed here- they might just shoot your ass.

Sami and racer- your small minded attitudes are a large part of what the problem with the nation is-- why we are so far behind the rest of the world-- why are accumulated national wealth is running out. Small minded has nothing to do with brain injury- it has to do with choice.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

These people are Government workers, what more needs to be said ..? When it comes to Government it takes 3 people to do the job that 1 could normally do because they have to have a back up system which is the other 2 standing around making sure the first one don't do to much and hurt him or herself while doing nothing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. samiam03

samiam03 Member

GN7777777

Actually I think I see the bigger picture and I do get out quite a bit.
    I've traveled to more states and countries than I care to remember. I've traveled with a black, green, and blue passport. Enough said about serving our country.

I live just across the river from DC and not far from ground zero for 911. I have a child in school with kids who lost one of their parents at the Pentagon.
    I, my circle of friends, and my community are painfully aware of the US letting down it's guard.

Unfortunately the TSA is supposedly the answer to our security for the airline/airports. I know the level of intelligence that TSA recruited for the positions - the standards were very very low. You shouldn't sleep well at night.

So GN7777777 - anytime you want to debate the issues - bring it on - I don't work for the TSA.

Please address me by my proper name - it's a courtesy I extend to all with the exception of Bigdunce and Ivanwho?

Sam

10. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I just have one question, what the hell is TBI ?

11. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Traumatic brain injury.

12. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Ummm, you guys know that the only part of my story that's true, is that the people the work for TSA are idiots.

Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.