1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

traveling case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Clays82, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Clays82

Clays82 Member

I am flying out to denver next couple of weeks and looking to buy a travel case for my Browning, what are some good cases? thanks

2. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Colorado Cases, best value, design and Doug is a great guy to deal with. In my opinion you need a substantial case as such with the way that the handlers throw the stuff around with no regard for whats in the case.

3. JLYON

JLYON Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

i have negrini case's in stock ready to ship got to my site free shipping lower 48

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Negrini and Colorado Cases are both great - but you might look at Pelican as well - these are more "open form" so they can be used for shotguns, rifles, etc.

I have A great CC for two shotguns and four barrels - tough as nails, but if I were going to buy one case I think I'd go for a rifle length Pelican - it should hold two, even three shotguns (mine holds two scoped rifles for sure).

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Pelican 1700 or Storm IM3100. VERY CHEAP for the level of protection you get. If I ever fly with a gun again, it will be going in a Pelican or Storm.

As a side note, depending on which website you go by, the Pelican is SLIGHTLY under or RIGHT AT the linear measurement limit before a piece of luggage is considered "oversize" and you get raped for extra baggage fees. The Storm is always shown as slightly over this limit. I'm not one to roll the dice (because if you lose, its going to cost you more than the case cost in extra baggage fees), so I'd go with the Pelican.

6. RAScott

RAScott Member

Pelican case is great. solid with wheels and 2 lock points.
    Bob S