1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TRAVEL VAULT FOAM

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

Folks ,
    My Citori Plus came in a Browning " Travel Vault " ( it is really a PELICAN made for Browning ) hard case . Strong as an ox and heavy as a bull - but it is great for air port baggage handlers ! Now the top layer of foam is shot and I need to replace it . I've read that certain foams draw moisture . Can anyone tell me what you personally used in this same application for replacement. Also what did you use to cut the outline of your shotgun to fit the case .
    Thank you in advance for your time help and consideration.
    Semper Fi .
    Soup

2. 6chuter

6chuter Member

Try this.

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=279975

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Browning Travel Vault is a Pelican....

Ron Burr

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe here. Been meaning to get a sheet for my vault, but too lazy. Figured this place would be worth a try if I ever bought one. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Go and find a local upholstery shop. They have foam for sofa's and chairs. They have diff styles and thinkness. They will also cut it to what you want. HOW EVER it will not be cheap but it will be done like you need it and want it.

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

You may want to do a research on the web on closed cell and open cell foam. That should answer your question on the moisture part. Also the density of the foam will be or interest to you if you are going to replace existing foam.

7. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

I replaced mine after 12+ years this past Fall after the old foam started to disintegrate. I bought replacement Pelican foam ( a 3 pack of sheets) from Amazon. This duplicates the original foam (pretty closely). I bought the solid variety as opposed to the pick-n-pluck. I found a video on YouTube as I was researching how to do a cut out that looked like the factory. I essentially traced my "peices" onto the BACK SIDE of the foam using a sharpie marker. I then took an electric carving knife and cut INSIDE the traced lines by about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. A Tip here is to plunge a knife blade through the foam to enable you to get the reciprocating electric blade through the foam then make a smooth non stop cut around the traced lines. When flipped over, the cuts look very crisp. Holding my Citori Plus nicely.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

They have it listed on E-bay. Bulge.

9. Donm

Donm Active Member

Not sure but you maybe able to go to a fabric store. I have gone with my wife and got different thicknesses for tree stand seats. The closed cell doesn't give me a wet azz after a rain so I guess it wouldn't hold moisture. They have different sizes to choose from to help cut down on waste.

10. gilbo

gilbo Member

this is who i ordered from in the past for my pelican 1700

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning travel vault replacement foam