1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Travel Trailer cover.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Masterplan, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

Im looking for opions on the best cover for the conditions on the East Coast for covering my TT.

Im affraid it will mildew if I just throw a tarp ofer it.........

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What size is it?

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Call Camping World. However, I've noted that covers I have purchased just do not hold up, any of them, in situations where there is a lot of UV. One guesses that trailer under a permanent cover (e.g. carport) and a cloth/dedicated cover with the proper material is the best way to go. I go through a cover about every two years due to the wind, smog, and unrelenting sunlight here in So-Cal.

4. lowbaselarry

lowbaselarry Member

Forget the one from Camping World unless they have changed in the last few years.I bought one that cost about $200 and it didn't last 2 years. I forgot where I ordered my new one from but as I recall it cost about $500 and well worth it. I've had it for about 3 years and it's held up well, faded from the sun, but otherwise still doing a good job of protecting my 5th wheel. It breaths so the trailer looks just the way it was when covered up for 6 months. I remember it had a 5 year warranty so my wife must have the receipt tucked away somewhere. She's away and I'll be gone hunting for a week. If you want to give me a call in about a week I'll try and round up the receipt which will have the name of the outfit I bought it from. Larry Marvier 415-897-8224

5. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

great Ill give you a call...

It's a 25'9" Coachman TT

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Good to know that there are other sources than Camping World for this...I expect no more than 3 years per cover even with the higher priced "custom fit" model.

7. kriegart

kriegart Member

I had the same problem. I had a steel carport installed from American Steel Carports. Not much more cost than a high end cover. I have a 28' camper. Kriegart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.