1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Travel to Costa Rica?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Urbans, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urbans

Urbans Member

Anyone have any experience traveling to Costa Rica,on the Caribbean side of the Island? Thanks Ed Freise

2. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Like what? Stay on a domestic carrier (I think American goes down there). I'd avoid Air (insert small central american country here) whatever at all costs, but that's just the pilot in me. The approach into Costa Rica is not for amateurs.

Everything is cheap - that's why many Americans retire down there. It's not so much third world as Key West.

3. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have been to Costa Rica yearly for the last ten years, fishing mostly for sails and the occasional marlin in the Pacific coast. Fly direct from Newark, NJ to San Jose by Continental (737s), stay overnight in San Jose, then continue on to the lodge in Puerto Jiminez by Sansa or Travel Air (Cessna Caravans or twin engine Otters) Never been to the Caribbean side of the country. Beautiful country. Chichay

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have friends who live there 6 months a year, they love it and the healthcare is awesome but cheap it aint anymore. It used to be. They bought a darned nice home on the water for $150,000 but you cant do it now

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Great Place!

6. GI

GI Member

Just got back from Tamarindo, C.R. for the holidays. Flew TACA Airlines which was all Airbus and a heck of alot better than American with much better price. Caught numerous sails to 100lbs and six Mahi to 55lbs. The surf was never less than five feet and Witches Rock broke 12 foot plus several days. Temperature was 70 degree nights and 90 degree days-perfect weather. CocaCola and Heineken are the same price, tough decision. Prices are not what they used to be and the locals are feeling the economy crunch but not lowering prices. This is their busy season and the prices reflect it. First week of June is the off season and before the rains start, great time to visit if on a budget. No crime to speak of in this small pacific coast town but be careful, you will want to stay permanently.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I hear some US citizens are retiring to Costa Rica.
    I'm thinking Panama, if things terrible.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

8. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

If you are thinking retirement outside of the U.S. I recomend Uruguay!

Stable, econimical, and has seasons the hunting is awsome if you like great pass shooting and pointed birds. Also some big game for hogs and there is some fishing of both the fresh and saltwater types.

Ronbo

9. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Hey GI! That's where I went...Tanmarindo....Best time of my life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting in costa rica