1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Travel documents, 1 Jun 2009, entering the US

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

    Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

    Jan 29, 1998
    For those who drive across the border...

    Drivers license and birth certificate will no longer be the minimum standard.

    U.S. Citizens.

    On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document.

    WHTI-Compliant Travel Documents for U.S. citizen travel via land or sea, as of January 31, 2008:

    - Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
    - State Issued Enhanced Driver’s License (when available)
    - Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
    - U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
    - U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business
    - Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
    - Form I-872 American Indian Card

    * When flying into the US, Passport required.



    As of June 1, 2009, Canadian citizens will be required to present one of the following documents when travelling to, through or from the United States by land or sea:

    - a valid passport; or
    - a NEXUS card; or
    - a Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card; or
    - an enhanced driver’s licence (EDL) (in provinces and territories where U.S.-approved EDL programs are implemented).

    Canadian citizens 15 years of age and under will only require proof of citizenship, such as an original or a copy of a birth certificate, or a Canadian citizenship card. Canadian citizens 18 years of age and under who are travelling with a school or other organized group, under adult supervision with parental/guardian consent, may also present proof of citizenship alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.