1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapwife seeks beach retreat

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapwife, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

While Leo is away "Down Under" I am exploring my options for a little summer (July) vacation for myself and daughters. We think we would like to spend a few days at the beach, maybe the Carolina's? I haven't really been in this area, so I am asking for some travel/vacation advice. Feel free to email to my address.

2. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Want a little known quite spot in Florida? Try Amelia Island north of Jacksonville. It is the most beautiful little island I have ever seen.

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

older kids or younger kids? My wife and I used to take family to Long Beach Island (Beach Haven), NJ for years...lots of cool stuff for kids up to young teenage.
    Now we go to Avalon, NJ, really nice and family oriented. Good luck!

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Hilton Head is in the Carolinas!

Forrest

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

MYRTLE BEACH

Bill

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

If you play golf or tennis then hilton head , if you dont , i wouldnt even consider it.

Bill

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I liked Poipu on Kauai, and my wife and I also like Kaanapali on Maui.

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

My vote is with Poipu,,,or lydegate on kauai,,,lydgate has a rock wall around the beach,,,small colorfull fish swim in and get fed,,,they get big and cant get out,,,,its like swiming in an aquarium

9. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

TOPSAIL ISLAND NORTH CAROLINA-CHEAPER THAN MOST-NOT CROWDED-ABOUT 30 MIN NORTH OF WILMINGTON NC WITHOUT THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF MYRTLE BEACH-RICK ZINO

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Have you considered a large sand box and a water hose? Leo could build this in your back yard. Summer in Missouri is quite unique.

Pat Ireland

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Karla, Rocky Point Mexico is just south of Tucson and a very beautiful and most reasonable place to go. It is a favorite of myself and my wife. The food is oustanding

12. WV Bob

WV Bob TS Member

The Outer Banks in NC is nice. Lots to do. My wife likes it for the shopping. Your never far from a beach.

13. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

What about Ocracoke Island, NC?

Was voted best beach in the USA last year (first time ever this award went to a beach outside of Florida or Hawaii)

http://www.ocracokevillage.com/

http://www.ocracoke-nc.com/

http://www.ocracokeisland.com/

http://www.ocracokeislandrealty.com/

EMPTY beaches - you can drive on them with a 4X4 - not much to do but fish, play in the sand, lie in the sun - might NOT be ideal for girls who need to be entertained... but remarkably restful.

14. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

If money is no object - Kiawah Island SC.

Jay

15. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wow, I knew you guys would know where to go....we are just starting to consider where to go. My daughters are 26 and 22 so sand and shopping are high on their lists. I love historical stuff, but could force myself to shop and suntan.

16. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Trapwife may I sagest St Augustine FL for your history and beach experience and I also have two daughters and the short drive to Daytona will keep them happy lots of activities for them. You could stay in Daytona and drive to St Augustine also either way lots to do and the history of St Augustine is great Google it up on the net. I found with the girls a quiet remote place is too boring for them at that age of course yours may be different than my two.
    Buddy

17. nipper

nipper TS Member

St. Augustine would be my number one choice as well,stay in a bed and breakfast,shopping is all walking distance,lots of history for sure,city has red and green trolly trains to visit all the local spots.jump off and on an often as you like,very good guided ghost tours at night,great food too. Beach is only a very short drive across the bridge of lions from downtown area.

Bill

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Cabo San Lucas and leave your troubles behind ... Reasonable rates and every meal is an experience or not ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Grayton Beach, Florida is nice and is close to the Destin and Seaside area with outlet malls everwhere, miles of them.

20. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Karla - The Canadian River through the Texas Panhandle is "all" beach! Jimmy B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.