1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TrapShootingUSA Magazine Supports Youth Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TrapShootingUSAMagazine, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

TrapShootingUSAMagazine TS Member

TrapShootingUSA Magazine is proud to be working with the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) through the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) to further promote clay target shooting sports among young athletes. For every annual subscription to TrapShootingUSA and ClayShootingUSA Magazines sold by SCTP athletes from December 2009 through May 2010, TrapShootingUSA and ClayShootingUSA Magazine will donate $15.00 of the annual subscription price to the SSSF. In addition, at the end of the promotion TrapShootingUSA/ClayShootingUSA will donate $1,000.00 to the SCTP Team that has sold the most subscriptions. This $1,000.00 will help supplement team travel and expenses to the 2010 National Championship in July in Sparta, Illinois.

For additional information, see the following links or click through our advertising link on this site. While on our site, you can view Issue 4 of TrapShootingUSA in its entirety. Issue 5 is now on its way to our subscribers. If you're not yet a subscriber, it would make a great Christmas present.

http://www.sssfonline.org/

http://www.trapshootingusa.com/

SSSF Media Contact Cathy Williams http://www.cmgmarketingandevents.com/

Please join us and help support youth clay shooting target sports.

John

TrapShootingUSA Magazine

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

So I guess you have chosen not to support the ATA's AIM program which is for kids shooting trap. You claim to be a trapshooting mag. but are supporting the others venues over the AIM program.

What a hypocrite.

Don

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

John, I applaud your efforts in supporting clay target shooting for young people. Having said that, there will be many that see it from the same prospective as BIGDON. SCTP is different venues in various areas of the country. The youth at our club participate in both AIM for trapshooting and SCTP because of skeet and sporting clays. NSSA does not provide their own program or provide any incentives for youth shooting other than a "Junior World" which is one shoot a year. That's always surprised me.

Here in Mass it would appear that the AIM program is quickly surpassing the SCTP trap program. As I say I think we're the only ones with kids shooting the different venues. We hosted, and will again this year I'm sure, a Junior Olympic wobble trap shoot in conjunction with USAS shooting.

I hope that your company has deep enough pockets and a big enough heart to see fit to help AIM also.

Thanks again for a great magazine which came yesterday, Bob

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

John - thank you for your efforts to support youth shooting.

I could care less which body you support, SCTP, AIM or any other.

The idea is to PROMOTE youth involvement in the shooting sports. Without the kids (and the parents standing behind them) then trapshooting has a bleak future.

The factional bickering over one group vs. the other (SCTP or AIM) is grown ups getting in the way. Advocacy should not be at the expense of one group over the other. The posturing from some people on this board is shameful.

SCTP or AIM, it doesn't matter - ALL the trap shooting takes place at local ATA clubs - the ATA profits in the end.

5. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

BIGDON,

Do you have a hard on for this guy? Seems every time he puts a post up you have something negative to say about the magazine. If you don't like it, don't subscribe.

Chad

6. Gary De

Gary De TS Member

John, I also thank you for your support of youth shooting sports.

As a State Director for AIM and a State Advisor for SCTP thank you again.

These kids are our future in the shooting sports, no matter what some adults think.

Wisconsin

Gary DeSmidt

7. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Up for anybody who supports any youth shooting sports. Great magazines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.