1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TrapShootingUSA Issue 5 On the Way!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by TrapShootingUSAMagazine, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

TrapShootingUSAMagazine TS Member

0   0   0

Issue 4 is currently in circulation, here is the contents page of another busy issue.

[​IMG]

If you’ve not seen previous copies, you can read Issues 1-3 online at http://www.trapshootingusa.com. Issue 4 will not be online until Issue 5 is published, so if you want to keep up with what’s happening in the sport, why not subscribe online and we will send you Issue 4 immediately.

Thanks,

John
    TrapShootingUSA Magazine

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Well worth it. This issue is full of helpful stuff. Even if it does not improve your averages, it will enhance you knowledge.

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

0   0   0

received mine last Wed.....great issue.

tony

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The magazine is loaded with quality on every page! Hap

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I just bought a copy of ClayshootingUSA at a Borders book store. Will TrapshootingUSA also be available in any bookstores? A subscription doesn't work for me because I travel a lot.

6. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

0   0   0

Tom Ceretto did a great job of finally putting down on paper in the Nov/December issue of what we have been discussing for several years......primer sizes! His article sure clears some things up for me regarding interchangeablity of different primers. Outstanding work Tom.

Other articles in this new magazine are excellent. This is a class publication and I look forward to each and every edition.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Does this mean we are going to get a sales pitch and review every time they come out with a Mag.

Trapshooting USA:
    Answer me these questions - Why are you cutting your ad prices so much just to drawn advertisers away from "Trap & Field", a 100% american magazine I might add???? I have heard you want to put them out of business, true or false. You don't feel you can compete even up???? How much of you Mag. is US owned???

I will await your answers.

Don

8. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Trapshooting USA Absolute quality magazine, Relavent articles, Knowledgable authors, Timely subjects, Great photos, Fantastic advertising...just a Top of the Line magazine for the Trapshooter and as well the Clays shooter...

Thanks to the Editors and contributing authors for a job well done....

9. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

0   0   0

Good for you Big Don - you've posed very valid questions. Think they'll actually respond here?

Speaking of them being on here, I'd also like to know if this new magazine, which uses TS.com regularly to promote itself - or in Walker's case, to promote his new career with them - intends to buy a banner on this website or at least make a substantial donation to David for their commercial use of his site?

b.

10. samiam03

samiam03 Member

0   0   0

Don - you're so naive some times - and I heard you're a successful businessmen. When you're a start up magazine or website you heavily discount or giveaway your ad space to attract new advertisers. As circulation builds- rates increase. Ad rates are justified my the number of impressions,(eyeballs in the vernacular). With advertisers in place you build traffic.

Sort of: "you build it - they will come". Simple formula. Both magazines serve their purpose - one for stats, one for interest articles. As far as "putting one out of business" salesmen talk.

Sam

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Sam: You may be the naive one in this case. Have you heard of operating at a loss inorder to drive out competition, great philosphy if you have a big enough bank account. Also advertisers now want the competition to lower their prices or lose their business. If the competitor is operating on a tight budget then lowering their prices could push them over the edge and out of business.

Gloss and glitter is not always best. A large British bank account might be.

You might ask yourself - What if they are successful and force T & F out of business, who now does the job and provides the services that T&F does?? Now they have the market, up go their prices, down goes the quality, away go the supposed super articles because it has all been said before. I think Shotgun Sports is a good example, just a shell of what it used to be.

I have been in price wars and there are always casualties especially in a fragile economy.

You take your glitz and I'll stay with the steadfast and true.

Don

12. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

0   0   0

I subscribe to both, in fact I've been receiving Trap and Field for 40 years. I like both magazines. No reason at this time to drop either one. Jerry

13. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

One of the more enjoyable things about Trapshooting USA and Sporting Clays USA is that they both have a website that covers their entire magazine, Sporting has a fantastic Archival section where you can go back and pull up most of their articles... across several years...lots of really good technical shooting stuff there and it pertains to all types of Shotgunning not just SC.....

The Trapshooting USA website is not archived yet but will be eventually... but does show each months features...

IMO magazines like these help contribute to Growing the Shooting Sports overall... due to their great, varied and intertesting coverage, wonderful photos regards Technicals and actual shoots and shooters, last couple of months good articles with Pat Leske and Dana Farrell regards the rights and wrongs of shooting set ups and carry through...

Too many plus's to mention for the Shotgun Shooting Sports, a wonderful asset for all....

regards

14. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

0   0   0

Happy to answer Bigdons questions because we have nothing to hide.

TrapShootingUSA is published by an international publishing group with offices in USA, Europe and Asia. The US operation is based in San Antonio, is a wholly-owned US company, employs Americans, encourages US domestic shooters to contribute to our pages, pays US taxes and exclusively uses US companies for its printing and distribution. In addition to TrapShootingUSA we publish ClayShootingUSA (for sporting clays and FITASC) as well as other industry publications in the packaging and real estate sectors.

2. Trap and Field does a great job for trap shooters and has done so for many years. Our aim is to complement their efforts by adding a totally new dimension for our readers by providing less statistical information but offering more general and technical articles on all aspects of trap shooting. In our view the trap market has room and a need for both.

3. As to your comments about advertising sales prices, we are more than happy with the commercial return on our venture. Think about it – the more subscribers that come onboard, the less the hard pressed manufacturers and retailers need to pay for advertising. In today’s market we are concious of tight advertising budgets.

4. Finally, we promote TrapShootingUSA via this website because its the best website available. As a new venture we need to use every avenue to reach our market. And yes, we do appreciate Dave’s efforts and are already talking to him about banner advertising which we plan to start this new year.

Bookstore availability, we are available at selected Barnes & Noble, Borders, and Hastings. Call ahead, the individual stores have varied content.

Thanks,

John

TrapShootingUSA

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I don't find them competing with the same product. T&F is a monthly, TSUSA is a periodical. T&F provides a club level information product. TSUSA does not.

Like the Michigan qb's.... I like them both...

16. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

0   0   0

i bought the Sept./Oct. Issue at Barnes & Noble.
    I will continue to purchase.

Joe Woods/Ontario

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Good info from a good source.

Don

18. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

0   0   0

How many trap guns are on the line that were made in the USA? Stop shooting Perazzis , Krieghoffs, and Berettas, and go back to Remingtons. Are they still made in the USA?
    Those are better guns and this is a better magazine so what is your point? Buy both and keep everyone happy.

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

John, When is Ed through with mine? I wish you'd please ship it straight through to MA rather than stopping in PA, I'm almost an issue behind. Oh well, worth the wait I guess. Shoot often while we can, Bob

20. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

0   0   0

Bob,

Ed has his copy delivered via the black helicopters that BIGDON seems to associate with us. Always happy to respond to questions, thanks.

John

TrapShootingUSA Magazine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.