1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting's greatest unlike any other sport's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AllAmer4, Aug 28, 2013.

1. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Trapshooting

The greatest in our sport are unlike those in any other sport. They're approachable, down to earth, and always willing to help someone improve their game. Try walking up to Lebron, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc and ask them a question about technique. You'll be hard pressed to get an acknowledgement, let alone any kind of advice.

Think about the best trapshooters and how helpful they are. Leo was no different. We should all take a moment to be thankful we're associated with (and help make it) such a great sport and then do everything we can to share it with those who aren't a part of the group....yet.

My article above links to a great blog post by someone who was never a shooter himself, but hasn't forgotten his one brief interaction with Leo.

Dean

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's about the total invasion of privacy and personal space in other sports. If Leo, Ray, Phil and others were hounded by fans and media as other sports, i'd suspect the same...

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I realize the numbers/scale of fans is much smaller in trapshooting than in basketball, golf, etc BUT Leo and I always laughed about "living in a fishbowl". We had very little private life. We shared everything, from our love for each other to our children and grandchildren to our time and energy. We never considered it an invasion of privacy.

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Thank you Karla. Thank you from the bottom of my heart...

5. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Bless you Karla. You and Leo are both truely amazing human beings!

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Thank You Karla for the insight on Leo and yours, the kids that Leo touched and helped without selfishness was greatly appreciated, the groups Leo walked in on lit up with his presence, as I saw myself. There will never ever be another Leo and you can count yourself in that also Karla.

I wish I could have been out west with Leo and Brad in the 70s & 80s. and witnessed the Golden West Grand with them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member