1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting workouts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Guy, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Anybody know of workouts that might improve your stability, focus, stregnth, swing, etc.? Looking for a better 2008 year. Last year I wasn't very steady, so, I am trying to fix that.

Thanks, B.G.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

you can find all of that right here - use Search feature.

3. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

Terry Jordan wall chart.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What about the post "Eat your way to AA"? LOL

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Eat better and go to the gym.

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Yoga. Try it. It was made for trapshooting. Wish I had found it years ago.

Helps structural strength. Eliminates or minimizes muscle stiffness or pain. Increases flexibility and reflexes. Helps concentration and "staying in the moment." Is easy. Non stressful. I have noticed a significant difference in just a few weeks. Almost too good a secret to give away.

Jake

7. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

K-80 GUY has it right. Use the Terry Jordan wall chart.

8. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I just had a nice e-mail a few days ago from Aaron Willoughby who had a Sparta style Wall Chart given to him as an early Christmas present. He has a degree in Health and Physical Education and is now a full time teacher.

He has won almost everything there is to win in our game in the last 8 years. He was doing 50 moves a day and found he really liked using the chart and was planning on increasing to 75 moves per day. His plan was to keep that pace up as much as he could before the Dixie Grand in January.

This is the way the game is played now, guys as good as Aaron are picking the gun up every day on serious workout routines that last all year. A lot of my Wall Chart customers have had lessons from Harlan Campbell and they go home with the right work attitude. The game has reached a new level now with all the top pro's teaching and guys buying video or using Wall Charts etc. that you need to move the gun a bit everyday.

Terry.

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

B,G............There IS a program to get ready for 2008, but it requires the following dedication and actions:............Stop eating all the time; do upper body exercises five times a day; give up sex,stop drinking,cursing,smoking and staying out late; get a divorce;become a catholic;and last, but not least, buy a Perazzi! How's THAT?

10. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Multiple sets of gun lifts alternating left and right with a barrel weight.
    Squeeze ball.
    Works for me.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yoga, circuit training type work out. 4 sets of 25 reps of practice gun mounts 3 times a week. Both sides. Yes both sides.

12. biff

biff Active Member

Jack's right, if I can do it so can you. But first get your gun to fit and shoot where you look, cause if this isn't right you are going to miss no matter how much you train, be in shape, concentrate, focus or work out, you will still always miss. Terry's Chart is great, it will help you smooth out your swing and help you point the gun where you want it to be pointed; however the chart will only help you if you follow his instructions with the first being to "use it!" Biff

13. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

I watch Kiana's Flex Appeal on ESPN. Thats how I get my workout.

14. GRR

GRR TS Member

Go to the local Tarven and order the extra large basket of chicken hot wings and a pitcher of beer, repeat several time a day every day.

When you master that move up to double cheeseburgers..........Have a shot of brandy once in a while, it helps your heart rate. Then you can stand right with the BIG BOYS.

15. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Some fine physical specimens in those "big boys." Must be all that exercise makin' em better. Jake

16. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.