1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting with Alzheimers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

This is why my scores stink at times-keep forgetting everything I'm supposed to do. Hows this for a good excuse? May be I could write a book about it-all the pages would be blank--could be a best seller .

Phil Berkowitz

2. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

God Bless Those With Alzheimer's NOT FUNNY That's all i have to say about it

jpark

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have thought several times that I may be getting a little bit of Alzheimer's Disease, but I am not sure. I just can't remember what the symptoms are.

Pat Ireland

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Just remember, Alzheimer's is considered a mental illness. That's how they got that gun out of ol' whatzhisnames (You know, Moses), hands...

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Pat, I'm in the same boat with that disease of which I forget the name......Bob Dodd

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Is it Alzheimer's when your mind wanders between "Pull!" and BANG?

7. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Why don't you try winning a $5,000 custom gun stock and see if that helps?

8. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

If you misplace your trap gun and spend all day looking for it, that's short term memory loss.

If you misplace your trap gun and spend all day looking for it, then when you find it you can't remember what it's used for, that's Alzheimers.

Or, as my 84 year old dad calls it, "Oldtimers disease."

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I recently was advised that memory loss is not much of an issue until you walk into the bathroom and forget why you are there!

10. Darla

Darla Member

Phil, don't worry about it. You probably have what I've suffered from for a long time - Partzheimer's. It's evidently progressive (I'm not sure cuz I can't remember how long I've had it), but quite common among the trapshooting community. I think that you'll find that your long-time shooting buddies will forgive you, if they can remember who you are. Darla

11. Wingman54

Wingman54 TS Member

Hey there's positives about everything.
    Every day you wake up, you get to meet a bunch of new people!
    That's pretty cool :>)

12. KennyP

KennyP TS Member

Forgeting where you put your car keys is not Alzheimers, forgeting what your car keys are for is Alzheimers.

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I lost a parent to Alzheimers. It is horrible but you can laugh or cry about it, it doesn't change it. You simply fade away.

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

sjlga---You are right on---It is tough forgeting things---wish they could kick that disease---I don't think it was said mean spirited---We have to laugh at ourself to get through the day---with respect---sjb---

15. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

As a son who has witnesses his Dad go thru the throes of Alzheimer's....you must laugh once in a while as one can't cry all the time. To those who have (thank God!) not gone thru the experience, keep giving me those looks as if I'm cruel or crazy as I hope you NEVER have the privilege of the experience of going through it with a loved one. I do not regret it. Keep laughing, it is good for the soul. I do not fear Alzheimer's. I look forward to hiding my own Easter eggs.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I feel for them also yoda---Thats not funny---sjb---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.