1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting USA magazine

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Fred, I signed up and love the mag.But if I see another Beretta on the cover of the next issue I am gonna puke. I do a ton of photography and there is many thousand potential cover pictures out there if they would just get creative and not use Beretta pictures out of a can.

PULEEZE do not do that again.

Jack

2. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

Read the Lindenwood University cover article for the July/August issue, it was an interesting read and a good article.

I will always have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Lindenwood. The fact that they have so much money behind them that when they were suspended in 2008 for one of their kids drunken driving exploits and re-instated immediately... AND that the guy in question competed in 2009 at Nationals and won. No morals there, if a stunt like that happened at my school with my team or any other average team we'd be history. They should run an article about how most of the collegiate teams AREN'T fully covered and sponsored like they are. That could really rally up support for what they want; NCAA sport recognition.

But I digress; the 2nd issue was good.

3. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

esmdhokie, I think your missing a bit of information about their suspension. It was more than one kid doing the drinking, but only that one was in an accident. The FORMER coach took them to a bar for celebration, it went the wrong way, they were all punished, and if your a good shot, why take there potential away. they werent re instated right away, they had a few problems, such as conflict with any opposition, finding a new head coach willing to win, and keeping shooters that would be afraid of rejoining. Lindenwood is a great school and just like any other school they focus on a hand full of programs that will inevitably succeed. i think there succeeding pretty good. Chris Gerber

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The last issue presented a story about recoil reducers. It did not include the PFS. Which I and many others on this forum think is the best of all of them. I wonder why? Maybe, because they don't have an ad in the Magazine? So, like most magazine's are they only going to discuss products that are advertised in ther issues? Seems one sided based on advertisting fee's....... Other than that, pretty good.

5. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

TrapShootingUSAMagazine TS Member

Thanks for the feedback on the magazine. Our Grand American issue is coming out and it will be even better than the first two.

John

TrapShootingUSA Magazine

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

John, Is that the one that Ed has already looked at?? LOL. Shot410ga has a good question as I also wondered why the PFS was not covered in the article. Is there any one out there that can put all the names with the Remington photo at the Grand? Great magazine, I'm glad I subscribed. Shoot often while we can, Bob

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

shot410ga... I think you just got your answer.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

The PFS was an oversight on our part, they can contact me and I'll see if I can run a press release or something for them.

Inside joke on Ed, yes he gets the super secret issues before they are published.

Thanks

John

9. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

This is the best publication by far for serious trapshooters...I just subscribed...should have sooner. I especially appreciate the technical nature of many of the articles...recoil reduction, chokes, shotstring myths, etc.

Trapshooting USA is also beautifully illustrated...ads and articles.

Jef

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

It is, indeed, a very well done magazine. Nicely illustrated, quality paper and print, and informative articles. Far and away the best on the market for us serious trapshooters...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. 7771

7771 Active Member

The best Trapshooting magazine i have seen very nice quality and good articles
    Tom

12. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The first cover photo of Leo was not "out of a can". It was taken at Katonka Hunt Club, the club close to our home.

13. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

The second cover picture of Sara Simpson was done by our photographer Don Brunt at the Southwestern Grand in San Antonio.

John

TrapShootingUSA Magazine

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

A bump for a good magazine. John don't know what your position is there, but perhaps you could run a small contest to see who can name the most Remington reps shown in the Grand picture. 1977 if memory serves me correctly. Shoot often while we can, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
magazines trap shooting

trap shooting magazine

trap shooting magazines

trap shooting usa magazine
trapshooter magazine

trapshooting usa

trapshooting usa magazine

trapshootingusa magazine